Factory Visit.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Some of you may know that one of my contracts is with Renault Formula One and in discussion with the Director of Engineering, Pat Symonds, I requested a factory visit at some stage through the winter season for a limited number of -40 drivers (somewhere about 20 max to be confirmed by Pat).I do not have a suitable date as yet but Pat will come up with one in the next 2 weeks. The venue is Whiteways Technical Centre at Enstone. At the moment I don't know if it will be afternoon or evening but I would prefer the former. Please indicate your interest.
Dave M

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Chris
actually 8 remain - I included me originally but
didn't need to and I counted somebody twice.
Brain fade watching elections most of the night !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Dave

David,

I'm not a -40 owner, I don't have the money. I am interested in them however and I would love to go on the trip. Your call as to whether I can be included. I was alerted to this by a good friend in Tasmania who is an owner.

Regards

Mark

I am that person from Tasmania. Hi Mark. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I would dearly like to be able to go but cannot.
If being a GT40 owner is a must for this opportunity then please consider allowing Mark to be my proxy.

Tim.

Count me in too please (plus wife if space permits) - I'm neither owner nor GT40EC member - just someone off this site if thats ok - thanks Jos

Dave, I would be very interested - but work commitments would dictate if I could make it. Please could you count me in (2 of us)- but I might have to back out when the date is known.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks - lots of interest on email as well.
Extract of letter from Pat Symonds:
Concerning the GT40 club, I can just about handle 20 - it definitely should be no more. Do you want to do an evening? If so it should be a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Obviously at this time of the year there are a few places that are out of bounds but we can still put on an interesting event.
Let me know what you think is best, maybe late afternoon, say around 4.30 or so when people are still working in all areas. When we decide on a date I will need to know the names of the attendees. Obviously, if any should have affiliation to other F1 teams they would not be eligible.
Give me a call and we can look through diaries.
Regards
Pat

I'll talk to Pat this week and tentatively suggest a date between 16 to 18th. November if thats OK. If that is not possible for individuals let me know either here or on email [email protected] as there are a few who can make up the numbers who are non -40 drivers or non 'enthusiasts club' So for the moment restricted to GT40 Enthusiast Club and others on a standby list if thats OK.
Anybody North of Watford, see seperate post in Off Topic Posts on Institute of Mechanical Engineers - Coventry 9th Nov. Should be good - probably 2 cars going up from Marlow with 2 spare seats leaving around 1600hrs.

Dave M

Hi Dave
please stick me down for 2 places if there is any left!
I do have a 40 (bought brett's kva kit) and i am a member of the gt40 e.c.
its a long way from newcastle but sounds like its worth the trip
thanks dave b

Dave
Please avoid 18th November as that would clash with the Karting evening in Andover which Ian is arranging. Lots of Club members are out to play that evening as you know.

Back