Last years Goodwood Track day video

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Hi all, I revised the track day video that Paul posted on the club website, gave the start and finish a 'retro' look and included the Jag E type. It's 20MB on my site and using all the space, so it wont be there for long, 320x240. I was going to cut some scenes out to reduce the size but dont have time.DBs' 2004 Goodwood video

btw what happened to the club dvd? I've seen no mention of it, maybe I should join /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
regards
Dave

Well done Dave, having recently tried video editing myself all I can say is that I appreciate just how much time and effort goes into just a few minutes of video, and I can understand that it is a major undertaking to produce a whole 3 hours of dvd showing a whole seasons events. Andrew puts in huge numbers of hours in editing many hours of tape into that three hour set of discs, but as we all know, the final results are truly superb, even to the point of being used by TV broadcasting. I hope you will be at the next track day fully armed with camera. Frank

Dave, nice piece of work. It's what I like doing too. What software did you use for the retro look? I like it!
Well done
Regards
Murray

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Thanks Frank, Murray, glad you like it.
I'm no expert but started doing this to record my visits to June and to send VCD's to her and family.

Up to last year I used Adobe Premiere on my PC, but now I have a laptop with a much higher spec, and it had Windows Movie Maker pre-installed. That is what I used for the retro look, the first scenes of the chicane with the SHELL building in the background really seem to take me back in time.
In the final scene with the chequered flag, I halved the speed of playback, (also a video effect on WMM).

For burning to DVD I use Mediostream NeoDVD, for some reason WinDVD Creator 2 seems to hang as often as not.
Nothing ever seems to work all of the time!
regards
Dave

Back