GTD40 Ferrari P4 replica ??

Hi Guys.
This is my very first post on your forum - and it's kinda alien territory to me, not being a GT40 enthusiast - so please don't shoot me down in flames !
You see, for my sins, I run a register for Ferrari P4 replicas. We have our own BB forum: http://www.p4replicabb.com with 80-odd members and I have something approaching 100 cars on the register - mostly Noble and Foreman P4's.

So why am I writing on your forum ? Well, I'm always on the look out for new P4 replicas to add to the register. My own personal opinion is that you have to be a bit pro-active and go out looking for these things, rather than wait for the owners to come to you. So every now and then, I run a couple of 'Google' searches, to see if anything new has turned up on the web.

A very interesting 'Noble' P4 replica has just surfaced in France.
See: http://www.zegarage.com/fiche.asp?id=125&stock=
and: http://www.novaweb.fr/detail.php?id=129310

It was the (Ford MKIV-esque) paint scheme that first got me thinking. Why would anyone do that ?
Then I started studying the photos a bit closer, thinking to myself .... 'Hang on a minute !'
Initially I thought that I was looking at a very heavily modified Noble chassis - but then just about everything was different. Maybe it was a self-built chassis. Anyway, today, my curiosity got the better of me. Armed with my best 'schoolboy' French, I telephoned the number on the 'Zegarage.com' website. Unfortunately the person who answered didn't speak English. But we got by - sort of ! One of the interesting things that the vendor told me was that he believed the car was not actually built on a Noble P4 chassis, but on a Gee-Tee-Day-Quarante (GTD40) chassis.

Could anybody confirm this from the (800x600) photos on the ZeGarage.com website, please ?
Does anybody have photos of a bare GTD40 chassis that they could post for comparison please ?
Is there a member of this forum who acts as a GTD40 Registrar, who might know anything about this particular car ?

Thanks for any replies ....

Almost certainly GTD chassis, I wonder if RAY had a hand in that somewhere ? Very interesting, Ive never heard of this car before. Frank

Hi Paul

Welcome to the forum - hopefully you'll stay a while even though 40s are not your primary interest.

The P4 definately looks GTD, that is to say its been built onto a GTD Chassis. I spoke to Ray re this particular vehicle and he has had no part in it or any P4, but he did confirm that it was not uncommon for people to puchase a GTD Chassis with the intention of fitting a different body.

So - an interesting car - although the engine does not do the rest justice in my opinion. For that look no further than a Testarossa lump! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 71144-P4AGM.JPG
    71144-P4AGM.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 2,389
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Paul

Welcome to the forum - hopefully you'll stay a while even though 40s are not your primary interest.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the welcome, Paul.
But I don't know if I'll be able to put up with the ribbing, posting on 'The Opposition's BB forum -
I've already had a PM from Fran Hall asking me if I'm lost. LOL !

[ QUOTE ]
The P4 definately looks GTD, that is to say its been built onto a GTD Chassis. I spoke to Ray re this particular vehicle and he has had no part in it or any P4, but he did confirm that it was not uncommon for people to puchase a GTD Chassis with the intention of fitting a different body.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for confirming that. The body is basically Noble P4, but with a modified 'basket handle' tail - but if you study the photos closely, you can see how it's been adapted to fit the GTD chassis. I suspect that not all of those external rivets are 'dress-up', like they so often are on Noble and Foreman P4's.

[ QUOTE ]
So - an interesting car - although the engine does not do the rest justice in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes - definately interesting from both our points of view. The engine intrigued me all the same. Most original Noble P4's, including my own, were fitted with the old Renault PRV V-6 lump. More than adequate for road use. This yellow hybrid is fitted with the later 24-Valve PRV lump that a few P4 owners have considered using as a replacement.

[ QUOTE ]
For that look no further than a Testarossa lump! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah Yes - The Guv'nor Neil Foreman's P4 Can-Am - it's a Ferrari 400i actually, Paul ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hi Paul

I stand corrected re the engine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif but hey, you are an expert.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Actually - in hindsight, I quite like 24v V6s, the Prosport 3000 that used a Ford Cosworth derivative lump had a superb sound.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Keep coming back! if only so that Fran can continue to abuse you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Paul....

Skett and I know each other from the P4 world and the teasing is two way....as you may expect from another Limey Bastard as my Yankee friends like to refer to me as....

The Prosport is a cool little car..one for sale on PistonHeads too..did you see the Gumball Rally R42 Spectre on Ebay UK???

Is it me, or do those half shafts/CVs look like they might last about 1/2 hour under some serious driving?

Hi Fran

thanks for the heads up on the R42 - view the ebay page HERE... although like most ebay pages - this link won't last forever...

Interesting though, I have seen 7 different R42s which accounts for a fair proportion of those made - I wonder where the others are?...

Spud, the driveshafts do seem to droop excessively, but it is a bit difficult to see from the angle of the pic. A big pair of sticky slicks might see them off though!

Finally - a few pics of Paul's P4 Rep - very nice..!!

Attachments

• 71204-PaulP4.JPG
    71204-PaulP4.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 2,046
Hi Mr P4 Replica
I saw this car at the GT40 AGM a few years ago It does look good.
I forgot that you use a G50 Box, have you got pictures of the rod change mechanism as I'm still trying to fit this Box to my GTD
Any Info would be good info

Hi, i have asked this morning, the yellow car is for sale 70000 euros.

And for the saler, it is an ACS car (french little production), all the other car are GT40 but this is the unique P4 in production of ACS.
so i don't know if it's really a GTD40 chassis?

regards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Keith.
I presume you are referring to the #23 Can-Am in the photos that Paul (Thomson) posted. That's Neil Foreman's car. Mine is the #24 Noble P4 berlinetta, lower down, and that uses a Renault 30 transmission. I had a look through my photos of Neil's car, but there are none that show the linkage closely, particularly where it enters the gearbox, right at the rear of the car.
Suggest you try emailing Neil direct: [email protected]. I'm sure he'd be happy to advise, and help with pics (possibly with the rear bodywork removed completely).
Regards, Paul.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, i have asked this morning, the yellow car is for sale 70000 euros.

And for the saler, it is an ACS car (french little production), all the other car are GT40 but this is the unique P4 in production of ACS. So I don't know if it's really a GTD40 chassis?

[/ QUOTE ]
Olivier.
I did speak to the seller, but my French is not so good. He did tell me that the chassis was from a 'Jay-Tee-Day-Quarante', which I took to mean GTD40. That's why I posted the question in this forum, basically just to get confirmation of that.

Please can you tell me more about ACS ? Do they have a website ? Do you have any more information on the 'GTD40-P4' ? I emailed the seller (ZeGarage.com), but he never replied to me again - I guess he figured that I wasn't really interested in buying the car, and that I was just looking for details for our register. If possible, I'd like to find out who the actual owner is, and where exactly the car is located in France.

Merci de n'importe quelle aide que vous pouvez donner ....

ACS was a french companie created in early 90s located in center of France (Correze) which doesn't exist anymore.

They assembled GTD chassis with a V6 PRV (Peugeot, Renault V6 engine). They sold their cars fully assembled and registered for road use. I didn't know they built a P4 replica on a GTD chassis basis.

70 000 € for this car is not a serious price ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Been there, done that thanks. Was there anything else? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/zzzzz.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeh, me too, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif if not in that particular FerrariChat thread (the latest of many), ... at least a dozen before it ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/censored.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banned.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ACS was a french companie created in early 90s located in center of France (Correze) which doesn't exist anymore.

They assembled GTD chassis with a V6 PRV (Peugeot, Renault V6 engine). They sold their cars fully assembled and registered for road use. I didn't know they built a P4 replica on a GTD chassis basis.

70 000 € for this car is not a serious price ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for that information, Fred ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back