GTD Club Goodwood Track Day

Now is your chance to book a place on the 2006 GTD40 Club track day.

As usual, it will be held at Goodwood circuit, and the date this year will be Thursday, 17th August 2006.

The cost is £275 per car, with no additional cost for second drivers or passengers - full details are on the attached booking form (right click.... save as).

If you intend to come, please book as soon as you can, as we need to ensure the day is a success!

Charles

Attachments

• gtd club track day booking form.pdf
    36.9 KB · Views: 421
Something older

I will be attending with my new toy.

I just hope to God it does not rain!

Attachments

• _B0A5521.jpg
    _B0A5521.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 745
GTD40 Club Trackday

Hi James -

Nice Wheels!! - pray tell us more...

Also - for anyone still considering booking track time, there are about half a dozen spaces remaining, so book now, or risk losing the chance to drive on track.

For those not wanting track time - there will still be a grid lineup photo opportunity at lunchtime + a buffet lunch for those who book in advance.

Sorry, no lunchtime parade laps...so if you want to drive on the circuit, get that booking in fast.:)

Nice one! As Paul says, tell us more!

That's an excellent choice of car - I really like D types

Is it a Lynx? Alloy body?

Put me down for a ride in it!

Charles

Its a Realm replica, space frame chassis by Reynard.

Ali in cockpit etc.

Correct asymetrical nose taken from original D Type - right fender is bigger than the left.

Correct tail fin, most replica fins are too small.

Usual Jaguar running gear.

Engine 3.8 with all the right stuff, with 45DCOE's.

4 speed with strengthened overdrive.

Weighs about 950kgs.

Its an absolute blast to drive.

Here are some extra pics:

Attachments

• d-cockpit.jpg
    d-cockpit.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 672
  • d-eng-2.jpg
    d-eng-2.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 670
Not Long Now....

YEP -

less than 3 weeks to the GTD40 CLUB TRACKDAY at GOODWOOD.

Thursday AUGUST 17th - BOOK your leave now!

I believe there is ONE place remaining -(I think) - so if you are interested, contact either myself or Roy Smart ASAP.....

For those already booked / confirmed - payments are due now if you have not already paid...

regards
PAUL

Keith

Non GTD Club, non '40 owning spectators permitted? :lurker:

I could take some nice photos for you......

pretty please?....

Non GTD??

Keith (& ALL)

The GTD40 Car Club Trackday at Goodwood welcomes ALL persons interested in GT40s etc. You don't have to be a member, you don't have to own a car, or even be building one.....

If you want to see a lot of 40 reps, + possibly the odd original, (or Ford GT?), both on track having fun, or in the pit area - then come along..

As previously stated, we are a very welcoming club, all are welcome, young and old, should be a great day with some great photo opportunities too.

Hell - you might even get a ride as a passenger if you ask someone nicely.

A couple of notes to those who are not club members and hence will not receive the pre-event notes in the next mag due out before the 17th.

(1) Please don't bring any pet dogs with you, a motor circuit is not the place for pets - sorry...

(2) If you are looking for a ride - bring a crash helmet and either wear or bring suitable clothing so that arms and legs can be fully covered!!
(i.e. no T-shirts or shorts/skirts when on track!)

Other than that - come along and have fun.....:) :) :) :)

Is anybody from 'up north' going? I can't decide whether or not to travel down the day before.

I'll be going as a spectator as I did last year in the pouring rain. I got some great pics and had a real good look at some very nice GT40s. Its a great day out and the drivers/owners are only too pleased to chat about their cars.

If anyone would like to make me a very happy chappy and allow me to ride in their GT (or even just sit in it) I would be very greatfull. I have never been around Goodwood in a car before, only as a passenger on a F1 sidecar. (we used it as a test track as its only down the road from us)

I'll be praying for a lovely, dry and sunny day.

Hope to meet some of you there.

Jason

aaaaaaaaaaarrrrggghhh

Thats a very kind offer Frank, but I am away on hoilday, and that day is my birthday. Would have been the best bithday present ever. Will you be at the circuit on the 17th?

Jason

Frank,

would that offer extend to me as well ??

I can't make the track day on the 17th (will be in Lands End), but would love to drop in on the 10th if that is okay.

Cheers,
John.

Back