NEC Classic Car Show

Mike Pass

Supporter
As requested here are a few pics of the cars on the Enthuiasts Club Stand. Maybe some other members can add more pics and info about the cars on the stand and from around the NEC as there was just so much to see (and buy!).
Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• Front conv NEC X.jpg
    Front conv NEC X.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 767
  • Int Red orig NEC X.jpg
    Int Red orig NEC X.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 755
  • Red orig NECX.jpg
    Red orig NECX.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 714
  • NEC conv.jpg
    NEC conv.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 737
  • White GellscoeX.jpg
    White GellscoeX.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 727
Made a flying visit to the show on Saturday afternoon, too much to see and not enough time!

They looked to be fab cars on the entyhusiasts stand - were they all originals?

Julian

Mike Pass

Supporter
You are welcome Paolo. Just ask and you will receive! As I understand it the red car is original, as is the convertible. The white car is a superb replica by Gellscoe which is so accurate as to be eligible for historic race papers. All the cars were very interesting and extremely well presented and a credit to all concerned - I am still green with envy!
Cheers
Mike

Keith

The green car looks fascinating. Even allowing for the expanded 'B' pillar the engine appears very far forward past the bulkhead or is this an optical illusion? Any idea which car this is?

I believe the red car is P/1089, right?

Quite correct.
It is the last official GT40 built in the early 1990s as the last of 3 cars assembled by JWA using one of their last 3 chassis's which had been kept by JWA after the completion of their Ford GT40 build and race program.
It is regularly raced by its current owner and has wide rear weel arches to accomodatethe racing 14" wide wheels.

The green car looks fascinating. Even allowing for the expanded 'B' pillar the engine appears very far forward past the bulkhead or is this an optical illusion? Any idea which car this is?

Keith ,
It is GT111 , one of the first open top prototypes built by Ford FAV in March 1965.
It has been completely restored by Gelscoe.

One more for now showing the entire stand early on Sunday morning. Tested the stitching capability of the camera. Seemed to work very well. Only one obvious error it made (relating to the cars) which took me ages to spot. Can someone pass me John Wishers email address via PM please.

Attachments

• 100_0045small.jpg
    100_0045small.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 546
One more for now showing the entire stand early on Sunday morning. Tested the stitching capability of the camera. Seemed to work very well. Only one obvious error it made (relating to the cars) which took me ages to spot. Can someone pass me John Wishers email address via PM please.

great photo shame its got two shots of me Dave Hensley, John Wishers email is [email protected] could you send me the photo to [email protected] cheers Dave

Back