Hi from a newbie in SW UK

Hi to everyone. Just recently taken ownership of a brand new MDA Mk1 in Sept this year, like most of you, this has been a lifelong dream that I never thought I would realise, but here I am. It's got a 302V8 direct from the US with a Holley and a 5 speed box. Sorry to say, but I have given in to the lure of comfort and had aircon fitted and dare I say it.... a CD radio MP3 player. In my opinion the MDA is the closest replica I have seen to the original and is very highly spec'd, such as the rear suspension uses castings from the original tool mold, with GT40 cast in!!
I've only done 500 miles so far and am looking forward to many more with the widest grin you are likely to see anywhere in the UK.
rockonsmile
Chris

Attachments

• 100_0313.jpg
    100_0313.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 882
Last edited:
Hi Chris and welcome! Our dreams and their realisation is what life's about! Hope to be in the same situation one day. Im also in S.Devon, although '40 less :(
Cheers, ben

Chris,

Beautiful 40. Is it dark Blue, or Black? Would be interested in some pictures of the engine and interior.

Welcome aboard, and cheers!

Hi Chris,

It was good to talk with you at the Exeter car show. You may remember me, I'm the one with the box of goodies from Mark and the family in tow.

Nice to see a pic of it in the open and not under the artificial lights. Looks great. Must come down and have a spin sometime.

Cheers,
Martin

Hi Gary. It's a cross between black and dark blue, metallic with silver stripes. The actual colour is Fiat "ink black" and is wowing them all here in the UK. I am still waiting for a few last additions then I wll post some more Pics.

Ben
If you are in S Devon and fancy a cruise give me a call, best wait for a dry day though to show off the car at its best to the local boy racers!

Chris, nice to meet and talk to you at Westpoint, if you and Ben are going to get together, don't forget to invite me! OK so I don't have a 40 on the road yet, but I could bring my Maggie, that would give you a run for your money!! Your 40 is real nice, I love the colour, very subtle, but knocks your eyes out on closer inspection.
Where are you both anyway, give me a PM if you like, I am in Tavistock.

H Murray, Of course you are invited! I'm in Torquay so a cruise along the seafront always turns heads. For those that asked I've added a few photos showing the "innards" hope you like them.

Attachments

• SIMG0002.jpg
    SIMG0002.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 770
  • SIMG0078.jpg
    SIMG0078.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 753
  • 100_0219.jpg
    100_0219.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 762
Hey chris, thats a mighty fine looking GT you got there! Those guys down at MDA sure are turnin out a quality car!

Hi Chris,

Very nice indeed!
I'm down in Cornwall - I've only got a GTD but would be up for a run when it stops raining (probably next June)....
1560598122_d3c4c658e2.jpg

Tim B

Hi Simon,

Don't take me the wrong way - I love the GTD, gives me a tingle every time (and my other cars include an Aston and an Esprit). Looking on this forum though, everyone seems to have a Ford 302 (or more) and full race setup wheras I'm happy with the old Rover 3.5 and Granada brakes.......
It's odd though, the Lotus is much quicker, but never feels like it!

Tim B

Tim,

I agree with Simon..........your car looks great! I wish I was in your shoes........hopefully things will change around the first of the year.........I might be in a better position to get my dream car.......a GT40!

Back