Question about This Subforum

Ron Earp

Admin
I'm doing some forum housekeeping today. Question - does the club have a forum somewhere else where members discuss topics? I'm trying to slim down and focus GT40s.com as a whole and if this subforum is not needed then I'll disperse the threads. Could events specific to this club be handled in the WorldWide GT40 Happenings forum?

Thanks,
Ron

Hi Ron do not remove us, we need it.
PS where has my silver icon gone I have paid!!!!
regards Dick

Mike Pass

Supporter
Hi Ron,
Please keep us on here as most of our members are regular visitors and contrbutors and we are a stalwart element of long standing in the world wide GT40 community.
Thanks
Mike

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Hi Ron,

IMHO one of the great things about GT40s.com is the fact that we can all congregate here without any need to post on another site. Speaking as a member of both clubs, IMHO The GTD and GT40 Enthusiast Club websites are great repositories of club specific information, but as a meeting place for discussion of all things GT40, GT40s.com is second to none, and would lose some of its focus if discussion was diverted elsewhere. The fact that enthusiasts from all over the world, no matter what club, meet here is one of the great things about GT40s.com, and in a small way the club specific forums may help to keep it that way.

regards
Dave

Please keep it. Not only get interested GT40 fans an insight into what GT40 club life is about but also one shouldn´t forget that the GT40 Enthusiast´s club is often waving the Forum´s flag, too.

Marcus

I also would like to see it remain. There are trends toward non GT40 topics may be it helps to focus on the main event, GT40's

Steve

Ron,
This web-site is the only one that I frequent,period. This is one of the best forums on the net and the source of information about our favorite car is second to none. Whatever you have been doing, keep doing it. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" a wise man once said.:thumbsup:
Garry

I have been member of the enthusiast club.
It is the nicest club at all u can imagine,and think nowadays the biggest one in Uk.
Really a lot of lovely people,their website is anyway always connectetd to your forum Ron.
please keep it, and remember that is a too important referring point for everyone in old Europe and worldwide!

Ron, please keep this sub-forum, I tend to use the GT40s website as a one-stop shop for all things GT40 related and value all its assets.

I have a vested interest as I am on the clubs committee. May I state the fact that events are just part of our clubs program and I think some of the other subforums (i.e Technical) take questions away from our club area. But as an area rep for Colney Fox I find the site as it is easily navigated to by any newcomer. I cannot speak for the GTD club. But if the clubs were included in the worldwide events it would lose a lot of club focus. because when I go to the worldwide events sections they always mean things like the Goodwood FoS or a big event racing trackwise. But not an ordinary clubnight posting (I might be mistaken but thats my view) The ordinary local club night anouncements would not be of much interest to a worldwide audience. Also the subforum as it stands shows the the diversity of clubs especially to a newcomer who might be posting questions on the topic how many GT40 clubs are there and who can I find out more about them? This subform obviously answers that right away. As I see it the clubs forum is the ultimate in providing informations for members and interested parties. Especially with links to the club website. I think that it would cause a loss of easy contact and the filling out of the worldwide events with a lot of narrow interest postings. A sort of not seeing the wood from the trees syndrum would result. With club information not being coherent and easily accessed. I post this as my personal opinion and not my club or committees viewpoint.
Regards Allan

Last edited:
KEEP IT!

being an australian member of this club, it provides me with an opportunity to keep up with current gossip:thumbsup:

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Ron,

Please keep this subforum.

It is a great place to discuss things with other club and forum members, many of whom I would never be able to see or speak to in other circumstances. I also like the focus/relevance of subjects in this subforum.

Max

Back