Classic gear

There is a new series on classic cars starting on ITV4 at 7pm tonight (Wed). It's called Classic Gear and beyond that I know nothing about it - but I have set my box thingie to record the series in anticipation.

Watched it last night.
I thought the Aston Martin segment by Chris Searle was interesting, but I don't like Jason Dawe's (the fat one) blokey approach and the wimmin were hopeless!

You're right about the fat bloke Tony! Although I thought that both the birds were quite fit!
Particularly Penny Mallory (who to be fair is also an accomplished rally driver). I cant really understand why people bother to produce car shows for TV, they never seem to compete with the quality and humour of Top Gear....

It's all down to money. Top Gear's budget is massive hence they get helicopter shots etc. This show was mostly a single camera shoot with all its limitations. I thought the worst thing about it was the music which was immensely irritating.

The trouble with all these shows is that Classic Cars are such a broad church. People tend to like particualr eras, mainly when they were beginning to be interested in cars and not yet too interested in girls! Therefore I like the sixties and early seventies, others like the classic Jags from the fifties and sixties, then there's pre-war stuff which leaves me cold - it goes on.

I don't think I would have featured an Austin Allegro on my first programme though!

Back