GTD Frame Number Location

Gordy

Lifetime Supporter
The header says it all.

I know it's been posted before that the serial number on a GTD is usually on the frame member near where the brake boosters are. Can someone please narrow it down a little.

There are two frame sections which support the plate where my masters cylinders are bolted. My car is left hand drive. Are the numbers possibly under that area. All I have for the car is the GTD stamped plate, would really like to find the frame stamped number.

Thanks in advance.

Gordy

Mine isn't GTD, but ba Roy Smart GTD Gordy. The numbers were punched into the barthat the roll bar goes to on the top left as you are looking into the car.

Brett

Gordy, the normal GTD chassis number position is on the front chassis bar just under the master cylinders on the RIGHT HAND SIDE, There is also another location on the right hand side rear of the doorway opening but this is fully covered on a fully built car and not normally accessable.

Gordy

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks for the replies Brett and Frank.

Now, one more question. I am thinking about upgrading the car with newer rear uprights.

What is available out there that would fit up without too much major fabrication ?

Gtd ali uprights

Attachments

• IMG_0410.jpg
    IMG_0410.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 392
  • Img_0450.jpg
    Img_0450.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 373

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Does anyone have a copy of the original list of frame numbers from GTD ?
My car was started by someone else - probably in the late eighties and I bought it from him in 1992. A nice guy and I think his name was Nick Pardoe but I can't quite remember now. He was living in Essex at the time and I believe he worked for Ford and then subsequently ran a pub.

Does anyone have a copy of the original list of frame numbers from GTD ?
My car was started by someone else - probably in the late eighties and I bought it from him in 1992. A nice guy and I think his name was Nick Pardoe but I can't quite remember now. He was living in Essex at the time and I believe he worked for Ford and then subsequently ran a pub.

Nick Pardoe was an early Enthusiasts Club member; I have an address in Pitsea, Essex, but it as it dates back quite a long way, it won't be current. He's listed as building a red (sic) GTD.
Tony

High here is early Pic's of my car CAV GTD. The second pictures show the left hand side of the door hanging position the other shows the area on the chassis the clean bit. hope this helps
regards
Paul

Attachments

• P9170050.jpg
    P9170050.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 303
  • P9170049.jpg
    P9170049.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 312

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Paul. That happens to be an area I covered quite well. Never mind.
Someone somewhere must have a list of the GTD's that were built and who originally bought them.

Gordy

Lifetime Supporter
I would also like to add my thanks to all who answered.

I found it after removing the panel on the front of the frame, right where your picture indicates.

It was buried under a few layers of paint.

Back