Headlight

Hi guys,

I have been reading along for a while.
Finally I found and bought the GT40 to my likings. It's a GTD from a member of this forum.
Next weekend I'm going to pick it up. I hardly can't wait...... but have to.

I made an appointment for the registration in the Netherlands. I was wondering about the headlights. Are there different styles for the UK and mainland Europe? If so, where can I get them if needed?

Thanks,
GJ

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
And a lot of cars have Valeo units fitted
These units have a double arrow marking on the lens that signifies that the unit is suitable for right or left hand drive vehicles.(or sides of the road)

If these units are fitted remove the fiberglass or ali covers behind the lightbox and inside beside the bulb is a small lever - one way driving on continent is acceptable the other suitale for the UK

Ian

only the dip - to the left or right.

And a lot of cars have Valeo units fitted
These units have a double arrow marking on the lens that signifies that the unit is suitable for right or left hand drive vehicles.(or sides of the road)

If these units are fitted remove the fiberglass or ali covers behind the lightbox and inside beside the bulb is a small lever - one way driving on continent is acceptable the other suitale for the UK

Ian

You were wright!
So, I didn't have to purchase new ones.

Hi Doc,
I have just had HID lamps fitted to my GTD and when they were checked by my friendly MOT man, he advised that the dip beam pattern was totally flat and would be good for both UK & Europe. This pleased me as I'm off to the LMC on Thursday next week! I just hope that the French Gendarme believe me if (when?) I get stopped.
:thumbsup:

Hi Doc,
I have just had HID lamps fitted to my GTD and when they were checked by my friendly MOT man, he advised that the dip beam pattern was totally flat and would be good for both UK & Europe. This pleased me as I'm off to the LMC on Thursday next week! I just hope that the French Gendarme believe me if (when?) I get stopped.
:thumbsup:

They'll just have to.
Or check it with a device. So no problem!

Back