A Cleaner Car

Hi

As the Le Mans Classic draws ever nearer, I am hopeful that all the preparation I have put into my car will benefit the expedition to La Sarthe. The vast amount of mechanical preparatory work is now drawing to a close. From all the development mileage I have undertaken, the current list of outstanding jobs amount to finishing off the fitting of the aerocatches to the rear clip, and fitting a replacement fuel pump to the lefthand side.

I am also now finding that I have time to actually wash and clean the car. These are tasks not usually undertaken regularly. On my recent excursion to Cadwell Park, the kind people at Total Kit Car gave us a number of goodies, among which were some cleaning products from Meguiars. On my attendance at Stoneleigh Kit Car Show, I actually won an excellent prize which amounted to a comprehensive kit of cleaning products from Autoglym. I did wonder whether someone somewhere was trying to say something to me about the appearance of my car.

Hopefully I wont get into trouble for saying this, but I found then Meguiars wax polish to be execellent. There are a number of Autoglym products that for me anyway, have helped make the car shine. Custom Wheel Cleaner, along with Autoglym's wheel cleaner brush make the wheels look really good. My wheels are Halibrand Replica with alloy rims. Keeping the alloy and the spinners in a good condition is really hard work. Going over with the Custom Wheel Cleaner, then some alloy polish makes them look really good.

Instant Tyre Dressing is also another favourite. A few quick sprays, a wipe, and the tyres look really good. They also reckon that it works well in the engine compartment, but I haven't tried it. Also in the prize was a product known as Fast Glass Cleaner. This also appears to work really well. The glass and plastic come up really well. It also stops me having to pinch the window cleaner my wife normally uses in the house.

My GT40 should now sparkle !!

Stephen

Back