Goodwood Track Day 4th December

Since the demise of the annual GTD Club track day at Goodwood a few years ago, the only way to get on that fabulous track is via a track day organised by one of the recognised companies.

4 of us have booked at Goodwood for Saturday 4th December. It's only £169 with Track Days Driving Experiences and Gift Vouchers from Trackdays.co.uk and I thought some of you might be interested in joining us.

It's an open pit lane day, but this means the noise limit is 98db, which will probably be a problem for most GT40's.

Even if you can't make this date, I think it is always worth publicising when any of us intend to book on a track day wherever it is, as I always find it enhances the day if you are there with plenty of people you know, so perhaps that can be encouraged for future years.

How about an area on the GT40 Enthusiasts Club website where members can tell others where they have booked?

My car has actually arround 105 Decibel with existing mufflers at 3500 rpm
Would Supertrapps help me to get to the 98 Decibel restriction for Goodwood?
I was told this is rather difficult.

Rgds
fred

I think getting down to 98 db is difficult with slip on type mufflers. I have supertrapps which do work but i cant get mine down to 98db without looking at a new exhaust system. Goodwood are very strict with their noise monitoring due to constant grief from the locals living nearby. They have static tests and drive by monitoring.

Best of luck

Jas

I don't think there is any practical way to get a GT40 down to 98db. Goodwood do run 105db track days but with only 5 cars on track at a time for 20 minute sessions. The total track time you get depends on the number of cars participating - usually 25 in my experience. This means you will be waiting over an hour between sessions if there are no red flag incidents. So it is possible for GT40s to have a get-together there but personally I would think the Silverstone (old) GP circuit would be a better bet as they are much more relaxed about noise, you will get more track time and the track is much more forgiving if you go off! Incidently, I like Goodwood as a circuit very much and it is only half an hour's drive for me but I never seem to get the track time I expected.

Chris

Back