Classic Silverstone - HELP!

Hi
It's my first time at Classic Silverstone, and I think I'm the only car coming from the midlands contingent of the Enthusiasts Club.

I have bought tickets using the club code, and have parking in one of the display areas - it says to try not to move the car between 09.30 and 17.00 (from memory). I've also booked camping in the Woodlands campsite.

So, what's the normal drill?? Do I park up and then lug my tent etc over to the campsite, or is it best to set up the tent first and then make my way to the display area?

Also, do the cars tend to be taken back to the campsites in the evening (as we do in Le Mans), or just left in one place for the whole weekend?

Finally, is the trip from the display area back to the campsite very busy as the car gets a bit hot when in traffic!

Any advise would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks

Darren

Dave Collins

Supporter
Hi Darren,

We will be at the Classic all 3 days. We are staying in Northampton so will be driving out with car each evening. I also think people who have camped have also driven back to campsite previously.

Traffic leaving the site is normally not too bad however I guess it depends what time you leave. We have usually left sometime late evening on Fri/Sat as concerts are usually worth staying to watch. Last year on Sunday we found that exiting via Copse tunnel (as per entry) was much quicker than joining queues to exit via Bridge as all others appeared to be doing. 5 mins from club parking to A43 instead of what looked like around a 45min to 1hr queue via Bridge!

Look forward to meeting you next weekend.

Dave

Thanks Dave

After doing Goodwood a couple of weeks ago, I hope the Silverstone traffic will not be as bad. I also hope the weather isn't too bad!!

Darren

Back