Classic Car Show, NEC, November

Dear all
I'm helping Dick Townsend to organise the NEC Classic Car Show stand this year.
Please let us know if you would be interested to have your car on this year's stand. We have space for 5-6 cars.

Thanks in anticipation!

Darren

come on guys, we still need more cars for the classic car show at the NEC. please comtact me, or darren, regards
dick

If you want my car its available, but I brought it last year and thought you would like a difference cars this year.
If you want it just call me

Michael

"You can have my 917" Dick I would rip his bloody arm off to have such a lovely car on the stand. Be fantastic to have two iconic cars together like that.
Ok its not a GT40 but who the hell cares. That alone would make me visit the show. Great offer thanks.
Martin.

Well the offer is there.
The race season is over and it is still in reasonable order, save for a few scuffs, cracks and chips after being punted off a couple of times.
It is not a show queen.

martin, yes I agree with you, it would be great to have grahams 917 on the stand at the NEC, and graham thankyou for your most kind offer, I would love to see your car on our stand, I need some feedback from the gt40 enthusiasts club members so can people please starting posting some opinions. martin whats the possibility of having your gt40 on the stand? best regards,
dick
(lets see some opinions!)

I'm with Dick on this one. Perhaps we should diversify a bit, after all, not all members of the club have '40's....

We also haven't had many offers of GT40's, and as we have a good sized stand (17.5m x 9m), we need more cars in order to avoid having an empty stand.

I could get some posters to advertise the fact that you don't have to own a GT40 to be in the club?

Any thoughts???

Darren

Are Porsche going to contribute towards the stand :laugh:
As long as the GT40 are in front of the Porsche , as was !!
Only speaking on a personal note, maybe more of the Committee should comment? There is a meeting at the weekend, maybe they should have an input?

Glenn M

Supporter
You've got to discuss this??

The two cars go together like fish and chips, or deep fried and Mars bar!

I think having the two most iconic cars (and most car nuts two favourites come to that) would make a truly stunning stand.

If you think that you have to sell the idea, you could always have a JWE theme.

Just my 2d worth.

Glenn

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Darren
If you want a "non show" car I could bring up the Dodgy Dax!

Speak quick as I'll need to spend a good few hours cleaning it after it's last outing when I got caught in a downpour for over 100 miles on the way home!

Ian

Hi Ian

Thanks for the offer! I'm meeting up with Dick tonight to go through options (over a pint or two). We would certainly prefer to have cars instead of bare carpet, even if the cars aren't perfect.

We'll be back with a list of cars shortly...

Would anybody else like to offer their car?

Darren

Oh well,

i don,t want to see the GT40 enthusiasts go down the pan.

Best not upset Mr Catt !!

I shall be at Autosport and RaceRetro, so say hello there instead.

Back