Goodwood revial GT40's

Probably hung right back because of the way that Kenny Brack qualified on that wet track....

I would have... :worried:

Guys
Claude told me that the way the other cars were being driven all out when some of the cars were Glenscoe replicas P1006, Tennents chassis GT40P/1127, meant that he avoided them at all costs. GT40P/1027 was damaged in the race. He did not race GT40P/1078 as it was asked to be put back in pre 1966 format i.e,. no Gurney Welslake heads,etc.
The Mirage was not M10002 because that car had been sold for $11000000 early that year built in a Gulf GT40 MKI version. Ronnie Spain said that the Mirage M1 was a Glenscoe and they freely admitted to it.
I would like to have found out wheither the Alan Mann XGT MKII silver with a matt black bonnet No 7 was a Glenscoe as well. This was because it had a number plate on it.
Robert Sarraith and his son? Fabien the driver of the real GT40/P1006 FAV entrant at the 1965 Le Mans were really friendly. Giving away posters and getting them autographed especially by Henri Pescorolo. Unfortunately they spoke little English and I spoke no French.
I got photographed with John Entheridge and Jan Storr (sister of Bruce Maclaren). I am glad she did receive the copy of Raymond Baxters 1966 Le Mans notes I sent her. I did get to have a good chat with Mike Tenzie I hope I have spelt his name right. I spoke to A.J. from the Indianapolis Speedway museum who told me the MKII GT40P/1032 was being restored to the 1966 Holman and Moody No4 MKII. And saw Roy Snook sorry, I was not ignoring you I was miles away in conversation. Also it is a weird condition of using a mobility chair that you do not have proper eye contact when talking and I had my conversations mainly standing up I also met John Laycock. So it was a good day apart from taking a long time to get to the gents and then having to queue being held up by crowds and a Rolls Royce Silver Cloud This meant I only got to see the GT40 demonstration cars filing off the circuit. Did anyone get to see this and was the Le Mans GT40P/1046 MKII winner in it?
I suppose in future years with the costs of the originals more and more Continuation cars will be the ones that race?
I hope to get some pictures in for Fortification.
Regards Allan

Re: Goodwood revival GT40's

Could someone make a list of all the GT40 at Goodwood with their chassis numbers?

The list is being compiled under the "original GT40" section that's ironic given the cars at Goodwood. Currently 41 cars not all original.
Ronnie Spain was there and knows all the numbers. But still awesome turnout especially behind the winner Andrew Newey's Essex wire GT40 car were in line with up to 5 cars being nose to tail racing.

Apologises for mispelling Gelscoe.

It was great to meet Mike and the cars from Southern GT's. A great looking display. Unfortunately my brain did not respond and I forgot to take a photo.
Regards Allan

Back