50th Anniversary

I was contacted a while back by Frank asking if I could talk to anyone inside the company (that being Ford for all of those who don't know who I work for) to see if there was maybe a way to have a photoshoot or something next year.

I've been snowed in work this year and haven't had time to wander round speaking to old contacts. However, I bumped into one of the PR managers today, who is also responsible for the Historic fleet.

Not only did he inform me that they are going to respray the road car, but the conversation drifted on to the request. Needless to say he is 'interested'.

So this may be a possibility to have a meet up at the Dunton track with the P1008 and DWC8G. Will keep you posted if anything develops

I presume the 'Dunton track' is the loop at the Ford Dunton Technical Centre, Basildon?

Doubt I'd have a GT40 to bring but I could still bring a rare Ford along. ;)

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Well Done Brett

Perhaps we can get 50 cars together for the 50th anniversary

Put my name down whenever - rain or shine

Ian

If you are looking on Google maps (other online map services are available), then yes :)

As I said no promises yet, but he is keen to do 'something', especially after he mentioned what he thought of Goodwood celebrating a year early LOL

I was contacted a while back by Frank asking if I could talk to anyone inside the company (that being Ford for all of those who don't know who I work for) to see if there was maybe a way to have a photoshoot or something next year.

I've been snowed in work this year and haven't had time to wander round speaking to old contacts. However, I bumped into one of the PR managers today, who is also responsible for the Historic fleet.

Not only did he inform me that they are going to respray the road car, but the conversation drifted on to the request. Needless to say he is 'interested'.

So this may be a possibility to have a meet up at the Dunton track with the P1008 and DWC8G. Will keep you posted if anything develops

Any developments, Brett ?

Hi Brett, Would like to get involved. As I explained to the GT40 EC Comittee thought it was odd of Goodwood and others to celebrate the inception date of the Ford GT rather than when the prototype was completed 01/04/1964. I did give a list of dates of the life of the GT40 If its any use to Ford let me know. Of course Fords archivist would know more.
Would like to get the Lola GT MkVI and the 1962 Mustang 1 Concept car there as well. No chance.
I did send "Brian" list from the forum to Ronnie Spain for confirmation. 16 of the 28 cars racing had no right to be there on Goodwoods 1966 cutoff date. Will publish it through the club and on the website when confirmed.
Please keep us informed thanks for your efforts.
Regards Allan

Any developments, Brett ?

I've been busy in work. As you may know, I fell out with some of the committee members when I was Editor years ago due to their behaviour towards me and I haven't been a member since.

I'll do what I can because it's the right thing to do, but it's not my priority with everythign else going on.

Malcolm

Supporter
Sorry to hear that Brett. If you and Ford wish to do something anyway and need cars through EC or not, I am interested to partake. I am sure many others would be too and this forum might be a compromise route to consider for getting cars if you didn't wish to run with EC.

Back