RaceRetro meetings.

It was good to meet fellow club members at RaceRetro last week.

I say fellow club members, as I rejoined the club in January, after a long absence. By email I was told that I had been given my old membership number and that I would receive ............................................... er, nothing.
Here we are, 7 weeks on, and I have not received anything. Has the club died or is it under sedation by the vet ????

Answers by any means would be appreciated please.

Malcolm

Supporter
Thanks for the prompt Graham. I re joined at the Classic Car show late last year and now you mention it I don't recall getting anything since then.

Wouldn't say the club is dead at all but something might have gone wrong with the paperwork!

So that is two of us, making £60 of fees paid for nothing so far. Give it a couple more weeks and then I think we should ask for a refund !!!!!! You especially, as that is an outrageous length of time to not hear anything on your renewal.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Graham and Malcolm

Many thanks for bringing this up in the open forum.
I believe a more appropriate action would have been to communicate directly with the club - addresses can be found here
GT40 Enthusiasts Club committee

Malcolm, on checking we have noted that you were sent copies of Fortyfication F100 and F101 so from this I believe you are up to date on the correspondence from the club

Graham - apologies, but we are not able to tarce your joining form at committee level, however we await confirmation from Dave our Membership Secretary.

We will try and ascertain what has gone amiss and will revert as soon as possible

The next issue of Fortyfication is currently at the press and will be despatched soon

Regards
Ian Anderson
Secretary
GT40 Enthusiast Club

Ian,

thank you for the reply. I have already emailed your membership team.

However, I do think it is poor service that I had to do that, and now all these weeks on, still not receive anything in way of welcoming paperwork. Your membership secretary Mr Garner has confirmed receipt of my money and registration form as a result of me sending an email to him a month ago and was told that I would receive a re welcoming pack within a few days

Still nothing. No back copy, no membership card, no nothing. Your committee does know of my membership, and how long does it take for an email of confirmation from one to another take ???

So you see, this has maybe had the appropriate effect in finding a glitch in your system.

Malcolm

Supporter
Hi Ian

Thanks for looking into this for us. However I have not received those magazines. The last I got was from 2011. Issue 90. Will let you know if the next magazine arrives or not.

Sorry for posting a GT40 enthusiasts club issue in the GT40 enthuiasts and fortyfication section of the forum. Didn't realise this section was to be only for praise.

Graham and Malcolm

Many thanks for bringing this up in the open forum.

Graham - apologies, but we are not able to tarce your joining form at committee level, however we await confirmation from Dave our Membership Secretary.

We will try and ascertain what has gone amiss and will revert as soon as possible

Regards
Ian Anderson
Secretary
GT40 Enthusiast Club

Another eight days gone by and still nothing. Glad everything is working well .................

MEMBER 591 ... confirmed by email to me back in January by your Dave, and still waiting for my members pack. A "few more days" I was told.
Forgive my sarcasm but I do expect in this modern day and age a somewhat speedier and re-welcoming service. If I should pass away before my "paid for" membership runs out, please be good enough to transfer to Malcolms account any time that I might still have running !!

F101 dropped through my door today which you should both receive if you haven't already.

Graham - I'm told as you are renewing your membership there isn't a welcome pack as you say - not sure what you were expecting, please enlighten me if you were told otherwise or you are a totally new member.

Malcolm - seems your membership has lapsed over the years which should explain which mags you have received.

Neither of you seem to be very happy campers so I can put it to the committee about refunding your fees and call it a day if you like - please advise.

F101 dropped through my door today which you should both receive if you haven't already.

Graham - I'm told as you are renewing your membership there isn't a welcome pack as you say - not sure what you were expecting, please enlighten me if you were told otherwise or you are a totally new member.

- please advise.

Hold on there, I was expecting what I was told to expect. Why the heck do you think I have had to query all this

I,ve got emails from your membership secretary only after I queried delay in first place.
I,m hardly" renewing" my membership as I have not been a member of the GT40 enthusiasts club(GTD club) for at least FOURTEEN years, probably more.

On the 31st of January, after email "prodding" I finally had acknowledgement that my cheque and registration form had been received. I was being given my old original number of 591 back, as after record searching, even though your data base only went back to 2000, he had found my old number somehow. (GTD club maybe). It was also stated that I would be receiving my membership card and renewing pack in a FEW DAYS because he was very busy with membership renewals, and that he was looking forward to meeting me at LMC and was I going to take the 40 or 917?

Since then nothing. You say that you have been told that I am not having any welcome pack. Seriously, I do not think your communications are at all good, and what sort of message does that convey to other potential new members.

I did everything as asked on your membership form and sent it off with cheque. If I had not emailed to ask what was happening I would not have heard anything for nigh on 3 months now.
That is why I am putting this posting on the open forum to try and re-kickstart some positive response and get my membership acknowledged and a welcome pack so that I know who,s who, what,s what, when and how, etc, etc.

Your events secretary, Peter Thompson, is incredibly helpful and quick responding to me, and he is still waiting for confirmation of my membership so that I can sort LMC place with him.

Malcolm and I are not in this together, he merely replied with his query to my original post.

So pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, what is going on ?????

Glenn M

Supporter
Had a great weekend reading my Fortyfication. Thank you Club, excellent service!

Graham, maybe all your stuff is lost in the post, a sort of Royal mail Cosmic reckoning for the non appearance of your offered car at the NEC.
Yes that's it - it's Carma!! :drummer: LOL it's the way I tell 'em!

Glenn

Had a great weekend reading my Fortyfication. Thank you Club, excellent service!

Graham, maybe all your stuff is lost in the post, a sort of Royal mail Cosmic reckoning for the non appearance of your offered car at the NEC.
Yes that's it - it's Carma!! :drummer: LOL it's the way I tell 'em!

Glenn

No, I do not think it has been lost in the post but it could be connected to that NEC event. It would help account for some of the email dissent that I received before the show.
I did genuinely think that by joining the club I would be more "legitimate", so to speak, and have a valid voice if something like that were to happen again.

No more jokey comments though please, as I would rather like to know what is going on.

Let us wait and see how things progress, or not.

Malcolm

Supporter
101 arrived on Saturday, thank you. And thanks to Ian and Dave for looking into this for me. Paul, never said I was unhappy with the club. I have had my GTD for 24 years now so 40 clubs are not top of my priority list now so membership will come and go depending on what I fancy doing.

Back