AGM Reminder 18/05/2014

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Calling all members of the club and those that would like to become members.

The AGM will take place at 12 noon this Sunday
The venue is the Heritage Motor Centre, Gaydon CV35 0BJ

We are in need of a Chairman or Chairwoman, and have other posts available if you would like to join the committee and drive the club forward.

If you would like to put your name forward please contact me through either the forum PM system or by e mail

I look forward to seeing a big turnout on Sunday and the Motor Centre has a parking area set aside for the club GT40 cars on the day

Ian Anderson
club Secretary

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Sounds like a plan

10 am at the venue or 9:15 at the services M40 junction10 to leave at 9:30 in convoy to the venue

Google maps recons about 25 mins between the two

LET's make some noise!

Ian

Bravo……well done to the committee for organising the AGM at the Heritage Motor Centre, Gaydon, Warwickshire. Fantastic venue right by Junction 12 of the M40 and great to look round. The venue had laid on parking for the GT40's by the main entrance and therefore we caused loads of interest, not only for the other car clubs also holding events but also for the visiting public.

All the exhibition space upstairs in the venue was hosting the UK Slot Car Festival over the weekend and this was very well attended. Loads of tracks in operation and lots of traders, selling not just slot cars but die-cast models and kits. Our doyen of gear boxes, Chris Cole, was shopping like it was his private Christmas!

Our presence gave many young slot car fans their chance to examine a GT40 at close quarters and gave many dads the opportunity to tell their sons about the cars.

As for the weather ….. it was beautiful (not that the committee had any hand in fixing the weather, but hey guys take the credit!)

Great day out ….. really enjoyed it.

Steve Dean.

I would like to thank the committee members for re-standing for the new club year. Without them, and any other members who wish to join them, there will be no club. In previous years I have always been in Australia at the time of the AGM, but the later date meant I could attend, but it was a shame there were so many empty member seats.

Superb venue, great day out, thank guys!

Tony Jasper.

Back