Competition licence holders

Can we get a list going of who holds a current MSA competition licence in the UK ? I am sure someone on the club committee could set this up, or I will not mind doing it if necessary. Several event organisers are interested in getting the 40s back in competition, as we used to do in the GTD club days, as the very recent Shelsey Walsh hillclimb event showed. Brighton and Hove motor club are keen to get the 40s back to the seafront event, ( 6th September this year ) and a special award exists for the fastest 40 there. It would be much easier to make sure that anyone with a competition licence knows of upcoming events if we had a listing of those eligible. If you haven't got a licence - get one, its not expensive, but you have to have the balls to put up or shut when it comes to measuring yourself against other like machinery. Frank

Hi Frank, trust you are well

I've got one, but you know this. I don't have a 40 though.
It will be interesting to see who else as you so eloquently put it "you have to have the balls to put up or shut when it comes to measuring yourself against other like machinery."

Nice to hear from you

Hi Frank. Believe it or not.. I have a MSA competition licence and from next year, a GT40. Let me be the benchmark for folk to beat!!! For clarification, I hold a non-race National A navigator's rally licence. Very good idea and I hope the idea works out. Regards... Andrew

I still have an international driver license and have a fully ready brand new 907/8 ready to go if needed to measure her with your nice GT 40 's
LOoooooL

Graham ; we will be the" Porsche uber alles force" !!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0482 - Copie.JPG
    IMG_0482 - Copie.JPG
    192.1 KB · Views: 236
Hi Frank, trust you are well

I've got one, but you know this. I don't have a 40 though.
It will be interesting to see who else as you so eloquently put it "you have to have the balls to put up or shut when it comes to measuring yourself against other like machinery."

Nice to hear from you

I'm sure Paul Walton will lend you his for Brighton :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I still have an international driver license and have a fully ready brand new 907/8 ready to go if needed to measure her with your nice GT 40 's
LOoooooL

Graham ; we will be the" Porsche uber alles force" !!!!!!!

Michel,

nice thought, but I am only interested in circuit racing, not speed trials or hill climbs.

I still retain my balls Frank and have never minded what machinery I am up against !! Unfortunately, most replica cars are totally different from one another and there can never be true comparison drawn.

In my view anyone that enters their pride and joy in any form of competition has put their money where their mouth is, whether they are first or last.

Slightly off topic, but probably interesting enough- my wife Debbie and I spent last weekend near Welshpool, Wales. We marshalled on an all night road rally, our first control point opening at 00:30 and our second closing at 06:08 Sunday morning. Very, very tiring, but spectacular with the roar of the rally cars echoing down from the mountains and their spot lights illuminating the night sky.. love it! I also put my cash where my gob is and am having a MSA-homologated Triumph TR7 V8 restored for competition use next year. GT40s are a bit low for that sort of fun however. I think what I am trying to say is, that we all enjoy different types of motor sport, so go on give it a go if you fancy and if not, then enjoy just showing your car at events, as I also do. Regards.. Andrew P.s. Graham- don't forget to email me, as I'd love to sit in your 917 some time.

Andrew,

I did send you a private email straight after returning from Classic LeMans as I promised I would do. Can you check your pm box please as it was sent on 9th July !!

Regards,

Graham.

Hi Graham. Sorry, I don't know what happened, but no email. As a reminder it's a.komosa @ btopenworld.com with the spaces removed. Cheers. Andrew P.S. Sorry Frank, for hijacking the thread.

Back