Classic Car Show, NEC, November

Hi

I'm helping Dick Townsend organise the stand again this year. We have a slightly smaller area than last year.

We need a couple of cars for the weekend, but they have to be Gulf colours.

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance

Darren

Hi Darren,
Any reason why only gulf coloured cars? I know it's an iconic colour scheme, but they were supplied and raced in other colours. Or is it a simple case of the organisers offering free floor space for the cars of their choice!
Rgds,
Andy

Andy,
The stand is obviously Gulf-themed, which is why the team want Gulf cars.
Not rocket science really.
Let the lads do their job.

Hi Darren did you get your three gulf cars? I would like to know a bit more of what's required. Perhaps I can contact you direct if this is ok or vice versa if you have same list as me.

Hi Darren

You can have my car for the show if no one else offers their car, but need to now asap as I need to make arrangements

Hi

Thanks for the responses and PM's.

We're doing a Gulf only this year as, rightly or wrongly, it is the most iconic colour scheme associated with the GT40. An all Gulf stand will be really popular, and should help us drum up some decent T-shirt sales and hopefully some new members. We haven't done an all Gulf stand in quite some time, and after this year I imagine it will be business as usual, so if you really want your car to be on the stand next time, please let me (or Dick) know. It will be interesting to see how well we do commercially with this year's line-up compared to last year's with the red, white and blue arrangement.

With the help of Mike and George, we now have all of the cars required. We set up on Thursday, and dismantle on Sunday. If anybody would like to assist in manning the stand on Friday, Saturday or Sunday (Sunday is normally mostly manned by those collecting their cars), please let Dick or I know.

Mike & George - I'll PM you with details shortly.

Thanks again to all who help out with the stand!

Best regards

Darren

Hi Darren
I will be visiting the show on the Friday and look forward to meeting you all
The Gulf theme sounds good to me
Yours
Chris Champion (Chairman Elect)

Dear all

Please don't forget that it's the Classic Car Show at the NEC in a couple of weeks time.

If you are able to make it, please pop by to say hello.

Thanks!

Darren

A big thanks to all for their help setting up our stand at the NEC Classic Car Show today!!!

The area isn't quite finished as the walkway carpets still need to be laid, but here are some sneak previews...

The show theme is "classic cars from films", so you may spot the link to a famous film...I think it was called Le Mans???

Thanks

Darren

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 350
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 311
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 321

Mike Pass

Supporter
That looks fantastic. Many congratulations and thanks to everyone involved. Hope to see it in person on Sunday.
Cheers
Mike

Keith

What's going on? There are two no. 6's! I'm calling the FIA! :shifty:

Seriously though, cool display.....:thumbsup:

Popping in tomorrow, so will be great to see the cars. On that point any chance of sharing on here the model of cars and specs please ?

Malcolm

Supporter
Sorry Dick, have been racking my brains but can't come up with an appropriate line! It's enough to give you the blues. And thanks for not kicking us off the stand when eating our cornish pasties. Don't think we dropped any crumbs. Good to see Grahams 917 there this year. Or was it a re-bodied GTD?

Hi

We'd like to say a massive 'thank you' to all who helped make our stand such a success!!!

We received many compliments from those visiting the stand, and sold more t-shirts than ever before.

Some photos are attached... Roll on next year!!

Thanks again

Darren

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 312
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 281
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 273
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 250
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 263
I would like to say what a great time I had over four days on the clubs stand and what a great bunch of lads and lasses.

The pictures put up so far really do not portray how impressive the display looked and just how much of a stir it caused and just what a draw it was with the all "Gulf" theme.

Well done everyone and thanks for the great friendship, banter and knowledge.

:helmet: Totally Brilliant!!!!!!

Well done and thanks for the hard work to put on a great show for the club.
Had a good time at the show on Sunday
:thumbsup:

David.

Hi Graham,
I looked at the signs on the M6 on Sunday evening with dismay as they showed the A14 was closed between J7 & J9. I hope this didn't cause you and the 917 too much delay in getting home.
I'm sure the thousands of visitors to the show were stunned to find not one but two 917's to stare at in the exhibition. The fact that we had one of them as part of our Gulf themed display caused us to be a constant centre of interest. This undoubtedly contributed to us selling the largest amount Tee Shirts ever. A fantastic result and a fantastic stand.
Everyone may be interested to know that we measured the roof height of the 917 on Sunday morning and contemplated making a sign that said, 'GT 35.5'
However it was too late …… as one visitor had already asked the question, "Are these all Porsche cars?" :laugh:

Well done all those who helped out …. it was a great Club display.
Steve Dean.

Steve,

yes, my heart sank too, when I saw the closure signs. It was a very long detour and the heavy rain and awkward road flooding in places meant that I finally arrived home at 1am today and rather knackered !!!!!!

I,m intrigued now about the height of the car so I shall get it off the transporter and do a proper laser level measurement. I don,t think you are far off though and I,ll let you know.

Graham.

Great stand guys, well done. I`m wondering how you are going to better that? It was good to see old friends and meet a few new ones too. I enjoyed finally meeting Graham and seeing his fantastic car. I also want to thank Mike Kelly who collected my 40 from my house looked after it for a while, took it to the show and brought it all the way back to Cheshire for me and found time to give it a fantastic polish, it has never looked better, Thanks Mike, I owe you one, cheers, Kev

Back