Classic Silverstone

Hi

I'm planning to go to Classic Silverstone again this year. Hopefully my car will be ready on time...

Who else it going, and does anybody think we'll get a chance to go around the circuit?

Thanks

Darren

:helmet:
Hi Darren.
There will be at least five committee members & their cars attending.
I have just been talking to the organisers and asked for a larger & better sited club area, I am thinking of trying for a small Marquee to be on site, with better signage, give us more space.
Hopefully at least five members & cars will attend as well, total minimum 10 cars?

A Reminder to all that read this posting that there is a club two for one deal available only until the end of March, one order gets 2 entry tickets & infield parking for your GT40!!!!!
Look on the club website>events page>Silverstone Classic>for the code.
Book via Silverstone classic>car clubs>tickets>enter code etc.

As to a lap on the circuit, at the moment working on it but time will tell. We did it last year as they said "50 years since the first 40 was on a track" & I will push for next year as "50 years since 1966 (1,2 &3)"

David, Club Secretary.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
I too have just booked for Sat & Sun. According to this thread I believe we now have six cars going ….. any advance on this figure?
Steve.

We have at least 10 going & others booking after my reminder.

For those still unsure this is the starting link;
Silverstone Classic 2015 - CAR AND BIKE CLUB DISPLAY PACKAGE
Silverstone Classic 2015 - CAR AND BIKE CLUB DISPLAY PACKAGE

This explains the package, then click on the 'ticket' link from this page, finally include the club discount code as per the Enthusiasts club website events page.

See you there.

David.
Club Secretary.

Hi Everyone,

I know it's only 1st July today ...... but has anyone received their tickets yet. I'm prematurely nervous as the last time I went the tickets were very late in being sent out and I had to chase them.
Perhaps one of you can be kind enough to post on the forum when you get your tickets (pass).
Cheers
Steve.

Dave Collins

Supporter
Tickets arrived this morning. Parking pass confirms club stand in Area Blue 2 which is the same as last year. Let's hope we are not hidden away behind the Lambo truck again!

See you all in 2 weeks.

Dave

I'v been told that they have swopped us and the Lambo's around.
We will have more space because we have around 15 cars & a Marquee on the stand each day.

David S

Tickets arrived safely today :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Plus Parking in T2 Light Blue - designated GT40 Enthusiasts Club.
Just need David S to get the weather sorted :idea::idea::idea:

Tickets finally arrived today (Thurs 16th) ..... so feeling relieved.
Let's hope the weather is good as this will be a great line-up of GT40's and will be a fantastic display by the Club.
Look forward to seeing you all.

Tickets arrived, weather is fixed but I still need someone to bring flags & club signage from Richard Guest, in the Midland area, to Silverstone, is there anyone out there who could help?

David S

Sounds like it is going to be a great display of 40's :)

The 289 Register is in the silver zone, next to the AC Owners Club and Mustang Owners Club.
Be sure to come by our marquee over the weekend for a coffee :)

Mike Pass

Supporter
I will there all 3 days. I have just been looking at the entry lists which look pretty packed. e.g. 45, 3litre F1 cars entered for FIA Historic F1. (2pm Sat and 1.05 Sunday if you want to feel the noise). There will be far more 40s on the club stand than on the track!
Cheers
Mike

:helmet:Last year there were at least 8 40's racing!!
Maybe more for the "50 years" in2016.

Steve D thanks for your message & offer of assistance.
Looking forward to a great weekend!!

David S.

Back