Spring Cough & Spit 2015

You may remember back in 2009, the last time it was held, we got our '40s out for the first event of the season, the very successful Spring Cough & Spit, which attracted 16 cars.
Since then, Warwick Bean, who acted as host for the event, has moved on and The Castle at Outwood RH1 5QB rather fell into neglect.
I'm delighted to say The Castle is back in business with some excellent reviews, and Jon and Mark will welcome the Club and our cars on Sunday 12 April, from 1200hrs. It's not far off the M25 at J6 (head west towards Bletchingley, turn left and keep going).
I've e-mailed all 2015 members in the South East, South, London, Kent and Essex who own cars on the road, but I'm very aware that there will be other members, car owners (and non-car owners) who would like to come.
First, everyone is welcome. Second, please spread the word. We need a good turnout to show Jon and Mark that we're not time-wasters.
Please let me know if you intend to come - I will ensure that spaces are kept clear at the front of the pub and in the car park.
Tony Hunt

The Spring Cough & Spit at The Castle, Outwood is next Sunday, 12 April.
I'm happy to say that take up has been quite good, with at least 10 owners indicating that they will show up with their cars.
So, now is the time to check MOT and insurance, get the car taxed and dug out from under the boxes and other sundry rubbish that's accumulated on it over the winter. Check levels, blow up the tyres and keep an eye on the weather forecast (which is looking promising).
If you haven't registered your attendance with me, please let me know by e-mail if you plan to bring your '40, as I have to organise enough space for us to line up in front of the pub.
If you don't have a car, come anyway and see a display of the finest sports cars in the world. You'll be very welcome.
Full details are on the Club website.
Tony Hunt

I see Google Street View is up to date, not, the view of the pub has a board outside that says WARWICK & JAN Welcome you, together with Warwick's GT40 parked opposite.
Good to see you are up for it as well, Ian A.

See you all there with the sunshine.
David.

The weather forecast for Sunday is cool but dry and bright, so the Spring Cough & Spit at The Castle at Outwood RH1 5QB is on.
We have a minimum of 12 cars promised, and I have arranged for the front of the pub to be cleared of other cars and tables, so we can park along that frontage.
I plan to be there from 12 noon; see you there!
Tony Hunt

By way of information for those coming to the The Castle at Outwood in their 40s (or indeed any other vehicle with a low ride height)

If coming from the south of Outwood, there are a series of very severe road humps on REDEHALL ROAD leading into CHAPEL ROAD in the village of SMALLFIELD. Well they were severe when I drove there in 2008 so I re-routed in 2009. Don't suppose they have been removed since then !!

Just about to fire up the '40 in order to get to Outwood good and early.
It's a lovely Spring day, bright, sunny and cool with a slight breeze.
Looking forward to seeing all the old faithfuls and the season's new cars.
Tony

Glenn M

Supporter
Thank you for organising that Tony. It was great, I had a lovely time.
It was good to see all the old faces again and catch up.

Back