Free Track Time / Charity Event - 8 August 2015

Hi

Dick Townsend, Mike Kelly and myself have been supporting a charity event at Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground each year. It's a fantastic event, organised by ASDA. Last year we raised just under £54,000.00 for charity in one day, and the event has raised over £400,000.00 to date!

We offer passenger laps on the track in exotic sports cars, off-road trips in 4x4's, and there's also a chance to have a go in rally cars. There are various stunt shows (bikes and cars), plus an awesome air displays (Brietling wing walkers, Tom Bennett air display, Normandy Invasion – Dakota DC.3, The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, and Cold War Jets, plus a static Spitfire MK11 that you can sit in)

The link is here: On Your Marks | Charity Event Day sponsored by ASDA

We need more cars! (Anything exciting - doesn't need to be a GT40). Can anybody bring their car to the event and offer passenger laps to the paying public? We are trying to get around 20 cars on our gate, only 6 of which will be on track at any one time, so it's not as if each car will be on track all day.

If you have any questions, please ask!

Thanks in advance!

Darren

Hi Darren,
Sounds like fun.
My local guys are off to Fay de Bretagne but not I, so I'm free!

What about the reputation of a stony track? Has it been cleaned up?
Web site seems to be stuck in time warp on many pages but hey ho!

Pencil me in, assuming us Southerners are allowed :laugh::laugh: and keep me posted, please.
Cheers

Hi Paul

The track has been much improved over the last few years. It used to be a bit broken-up where the chicane meets the main straight, but that's been resurfaced. It's swept for 8 hours before the event, and this seems to have made a massive difference. I know stone chips were a problem years ago, but I've not had any issues in the last few years.

If you are coming some distance, I know the organisers normally have a deal with a local hotel (in Hinckley). I'll see if I can find any details. If you do come up the night before, I'm sure we could arrange to meet up too (it you want!)

Thanks

Darren

Hi Darren,

I have an old E36 M3 Evo, I use it for track days only, not sure if it is the sort of thing that would interest you ? if so give us a PM.

Jeff

120neae.jpg

28hosc8.jpg

Back