Manchester Classic Car Show 2016

Mike Pass

Supporter
Here are a few pics of the GT40 Enthusiasts Club stand at the show. The show was very busy this year especially on the Sunday. Lots of interest in the cars and the usual "is it an original one?" but also a lot of pertinent enquiries from and chats with other petrolheads. We also did our best to impart wisdom to the young ones of today by sitting them in the cars and showing them the zen path to true enlightenment.
On the stand we had the white GTD of Ege Ferguson, my Red/Gold GTD, Alan Nelson's Silver grey/black Tornado and Alex Wong's newly IVA'd and registered Yellow/Black Tornado in all it's '66 reg splendour. About time too as he started his build nine years ago but I suppose the best things are worth waiting for! Anyway well done Alex and you can hit the road in it now.

Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• Mcr. Classic Show 1.jpg
    Mcr. Classic Show 1.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 524
  • Mcr. Classic Show 2.jpg
    Mcr. Classic Show 2.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 896
  • Mcr. Classic Show 3.jpg
    Mcr. Classic Show 3.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 811
  • Mcr. Classic Show 4.jpg
    Mcr. Classic Show 4.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 652
  • Mcr. Classic Show 5.jpg
    Mcr. Classic Show 5.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 551
  • Mcr. Classic Show 6.jpg
    Mcr. Classic Show 6.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 526
  • Mcr. Classic Show 7.jpg
    Mcr. Classic Show 7.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 637
  • Mcr. Classic Show 8.jpg
    Mcr. Classic Show 8.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 520
Good stuff Mike, thanks to you and the others for showing the cars and taking the time to deal with all the the questions. It certainly seemed hectic when I turned up on Saturday and the stand was generating a lot of interest. Pity we couldn't persuade Eje to occasionally fire up his GTD with the open megaphones !
Also well done to Alex for getting his car there.
I would love to know what "The Stig" was thinking peering into your engine bay !

Pity we couldn't persuade Eje to occasionally fire up his GTD with the open megaphones !
Shame you couldn't be there at the end on Sunday, the startup caused some interest! Just waiting for the local news to announce an unexpected richter scale reading for yesterday teatime :)

Back