Farewell Message

Hello to All Club Members,
I’m sure most of you will have read in the last two editions of Fortyfication that after 11 years as Club Secretary I shall be standing down at the AGM.
The problem is that no one has volunteered to take over so if there is anyone out there who could help, in the short term, will they please email any committee member, the addresses are on the first page of every edition of the Club Magazine.
I am shortly about to depart on an extended holiday to various countries away from the UK, so I shall not be available for most of the Secretary’s duties from now on, I shall continue to assist with the production & distribution of the next edition of Fortyfication.
My interests and priorities have changed and I am now thinking of selling my GT40 as I have another classic car.
My trusty KVA Mk1, “The Yellow Peril” has hardly been used for the past year and I have no plans to use it in the coming year, so it is probably time to pass it on to a new owner to enjoy and use!
I will give it some thought over the holiday period & make a decision when I return.
I may even advertise it on eBay at a fixed price, not auction, for £37500; we shall see.
Finally, Thank You to you All for your support & friendship over the years, I wish you happy GT40’ing.
Regards, David Scaife.
Ex Secretary.
07771 638196.
[email protected]

Yes, Sorry to see you go. Let me know if you're visiting Tasmania, then we can blow the froth off a couple.

Thanks for everything you've done for the GT40 enthusiasts Club over the years,

Tony.

Hi David ...... I just realised that I haven't responded to your post.
Thank you most sincerely for all you have done for the Club over the years.
I wish you well in your travels ....... don't get seduced by the warm weather in Perth, you know you'll miss the fog, wet, cold and snow of our little corner of the planet.

Ron Earp

Admin
For those that don't know, the club and the Fortyfication magazine is fantastic and as a GT40 enthusiast is something you should be part of. Farewell David and best wishes.

Ron

Just another note of appreciation. As a recipient of the much-valued magazine, it is so often easy to overlook the hours of work spent producing the thing. So a big thank you from this member too, David. Leaving the 'production team' is one thing, but selling your GT40 is entirely another matter, now that IS a shame! Surely it is under valued at that price??
Peter.

Back