Mark III GT40 1/43 model

Anyone out there know where I might obtain 1/43 scale models of the Mark III GT40, either in diecast or as a white metal or resin kit. I'm trying to re-create in miniature the panoramic photo gathering of GT40s at Road America in 1994. The only ones I am stuck for are the Mark IIIs.

Hi,
as far as I know there are no diecast nor resin models of the MK III street version in 1/43 scale available. I know only one resin model in 1/24 scale - if I remember right produced by Starter, but not sure - but I didn't manage to find one for my own collection during the last years.
Seems to be a mega-rare item. Good luck with your project - and let me know if you found a MK III model!
Regards,
Volker

Perhaps Chris Melia can make you a MK III front and back clip in 1/43 scale? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously, if anyone knows of any MK III models in any scale, plastic, resin, die-cast or otherwise, I would also be very interested.

Cheers

Rob

Hi

I finally found a MK III model. I don't know who it's made by and the quality and detail is certainly lacking - but it's a MK III (with Borranis!) so I just had to have it. Anyone seen this model before? Or any other MK III models?

9c_1.JPG

Rob

Hi Rob,

great find - Congratulations!!!
What does the bottom plate say - any manufacturer marks visible? Would like to know as I don't have a MK III in my collection.

Regards,
Volker

Hello Volker

I'll let you know the maker/any other markings when I receive it. The French seller's command of the English language was as good as my command of the French language! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Cheers.

Rob

Back