GT40 in glass

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Just got my GT40 glass/image toy, and delighted with it. I am trying to figure out if I aim a spotlight at it, will the car glow or light up? Great fun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Glad you like it! That got there fast considering the holidays and all the shipping going on.
Put it on a box with a red or blue light in it.
The crystal lights up and looks really nice.
John

Hi John,

Received mine = = LOVE IT!!!! Can't wait to try the blue/green light trick.

dave harris /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Great Dave.
I'm really glad everyone likes them.
What do you guys think about a cobra next time.
I know wrong place to ask but...
hell they're nice cars and really cool pieces.
John
PS Don't worry you guys overseas they're on the way.
Can't wait to hear what you think.
Take care and hope eveyone has a Happy New Year!

Hi John
Postman just delivered mine, very impressed first class, only problem is keeping people's finger marks off it as everybody wants to admire it.
Don't know about a Cobra as a follow up, how about a 917? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Once again many thanks for your 1st class sevice
Regards from a very dull and grey London
Ian

Not sure about a Cobra either. How about a GT40 MKII, MKIII and MKIV?

I'll let you know when it arrives.

Cheers!

Rob

John haven't rec'd mine yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif But I know it will be here soon. I think a cobra would be a great follow up. Maybe even the Daytona coupe. All were great cars of their time and still remain so today. Even more than most other cars IMHO.

Lets have a MK11 for the next one - keep it gt40! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Brian Magee

Supporter
John

Mine arrived yesterday, absolutely stunning! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Simon

I think you are bias.

Brian.

Bias is, Bias be!

Why not do the three cars in formation, they would be smaller I grant you but it would make a fantastic piece of crystal art - don't you agree!

By the way Brian, I just want to say that the new rod gear change you have installed is fantastic! It has changed the car as much as the work Chris did.

If anybody is thinking of having this installed in their car should speak to Brian - but then I am bias!!

Kind regards
Simon

John,
The GT40 in Glass is absolutely STUNNING /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Thanks
Nathan

John, I received the glass wonder today. It is great! Now all I have to do is decide how to light it up properly.

John,
I have just returned from two days at the Autosport International Show to find a parcel marked "From the U.S.A."
Upon opening, nestling amongst the packing was a blue box containing a marvel of modern technology - A transluscent GT40 encased in crystal. It is out of this world.
Even my wife, though not the greatest GT40 fan in the world (She is getting tired of me saying "One day, I'll have one of those!"), thinks it is superb. She suggests that I put it away for Christmas 2004. No chance!
Now, how to best illuminate it.
Incidentially, while at the Show, I had the opportunity to have a close look at Grahams 917 - Very impressive. Are you planning to run it or the GT40 at Oulton Park or Croft this year, Graham?
There are some exotics at the show well worth seeing.
Again John, many thanks.
Best regards, Geoff.
P.S. Spoke to Chris Knapman of Collectors Car Books, and was told that "Creating the Ford GT40" should be out mid year at about £50.00. Also that the Gordon Jones/John Allen book should be reprinted by the end of the year - Updated and priced in the three figures. Luckily I have the original. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rick Merz

Lifetime Supporter
Mine arrived yesterday... it is beautiful! Thank you and let me know if you do anything like this in the future.

John,

received mine today after some customs trouble - it's more than impressive. An excellent item! I feel sorry for all those GT40 enthusiats who didn't use their chance to get one.

You should really think about doing a MK II and a MK IV - probably one for Christmas this year and one for the next year?

Cheers,
Volker

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Received mine yesterday, excellent. Will have to stay in the box for now though, until I sort out the display cabinet (& room) for this & all my other GT40 models etc.

Cheers John.

Max

John,

Received mine the other day. AMAZING!

It looks great when lit from below. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Any ideas on the next offering? MKII? P4? 917? T70?

Bill

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I have contacted John, about doing the Lola T70 Mark3B for me. I am looking for any leads, on finding 3-d prints, and pictures for him to work fom. If anyone has a suggestion, as to where I could obtain these prints any and all help, would be appreciated. I too, would like to enjoy the excellent craftsmanship and service, that John provides.
Anyone willing to help ?????

Regards Brian

Great guys,
I'm glad everyone likes them.
I would love to do others. I just need to find CAD drawing of them and we're all set.
If you have a usable one I will gladly send you the completed crystal.
Trust me I will not be scaling the files out and making full size cars, just crystals!
Cobras are no problem but the more "special" cars are.
If anyone out there has what it takes myself and others would appreciate it.
Thanks and eveyone enjoy their toys.
John

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
John, mine arrived downunder a couple of days ago. Sensational! My wife is now trying to work it into the decor of the new home we are building. If anyone has worked out how to light it to the best advantage please post it. What's next John?

Back