Gulf GT40 Le Mans '69 Print

Gulf GT40 Le Mans \'69 Print

Hi, I'm a semi-pro motor sport artist and have a new Gulf GT40 Le Mans '69 print for sale as a Limited Edition of 250 at 20 GBP + 4 gbp postage withinUK or 5.50 gbp postage to rest of the world. Can accept Paypal payments.
Will give 10% discount if you mention this site.
Please take a look at my web site www.jnpaint.co.uk and click on the 'Painting of the Month'
The original painting is a available too !
Thanks for your time
Jeff
[email protected]

Re: Gulf GT40 Le Mans \'69 Print

Hmmm - this painted GT40 looks strange because of the wrong tyre/wheel dimensions. The body has the wide Gulf flares, but the wheels look like taken from a bike....
Perhaps it's possible to correct that? Later it could be a nice print.
Regards,
Volker

Hi Volker,
Thanks for looking and thanks for the feedback.
I'm not a GT40 expert. The 'model' for the painting was a car I photographed, painted in Gulf colours at a UK historic meeting 2 or 3 years ago. It's wheels did not fill the arches. I have also had people comment on the lack of grime on the cars. Unfortunately the prints have been printed, but I can change the original painting, and I am prepared to 'ammend' individual prints by hand at no extra cost, if this is of interest to anyone out there.
I wil post my next GT40 painting for comment before I produce prints in future. We live and learn.
Best regards
Jeff

Actually the narrow tires were correct for part of the race as the grime mentioned was the result of rain, thus the narrow rain tires.

Attachments

• 31144-68lm00r.jpg
    31144-68lm00r.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 248

Hi Gramps,
Thanks for leaping to my defence. ..but as the Cars are numbered 10,11,12 isn't that the previous year's race ?
and no I have the problem, should i paint grime and leave tyres, or change tyres and leave grime ?
Cheers
Jeff

Jeff,

You are absolutely correct about my photo being the 1968 race but the numbers are 9, 10, and 11.

If you want grime, here is grime from 1969.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 31146-69lm060GT40.jpg
    31146-69lm060GT40.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 261

Hi Jeff,

Grandpa is right with the rain tyres - but they look terrible....

I'd suggest to add grime and change tyres - don't know if you ever saw the painting from Nicholas Watts "Race to the line - Le Mans 1969"? Your print looks similar in some way - but his car looks like a raced Gulf GT40 should look like.

Here's a link to view the mentioned painting: http://www.themotorsportgallery.co.uk/mg-race-to-the-line.htm

Regards,
Volker

Hi Volker,
Painting like Nicholas Watts is something I strive towards, as I would like my paintings to command the same sort of price as his !!!!
You have persuaded me to re-work the original. I'll post when it is done, and look forward to the critique.
By the way, If anybody has any detail photos of the buildings and features around the Le Mans circuit prior to the 1980's I be very interested to see them for reference. Please mail me at [email protected]

Hi Volker & friends,
Below is my re-work of the original painting with more dirt and a wider rear track.
If anybody should be interested in a print from the revised painting ,(or indeed the painting itself) drop a mail to me at..
[email protected]
Best regards
Jeff

Attachments

• 31764-gulf gt40 web dirty.jpg
    31764-gulf gt40 web dirty.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 233

Ron Earp

Admin

Nice artwork!

A long time ago I wanted to change our GT40 logo. How would you feel about us using a piece (mainly the front of the car) for a new GT40s logo? It'd look great, and more importantly, be from one of our members. If you'd like to do a whole logo that be great too!

Hi Jeff. I rec'd my print today. Holy sh*& this is great!!! As I was expexting the pic on the web does not do it justice. Guys this is a very inexpensive aquisition to your collection. It looks like an original pastel painting. I can't wait to get it framed up and hung on the wall. My piece is 9 of 250.
Jeff my hat is off to you and this great piece of work. Keep it up!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ron Earp

Admin

Just received my print the other day and it is VERY nice. Highly recommended!!!! Paper is high quality and of course the artwork is very good. IF you fellows wish to have a nifty and unique GT40 print for office, garage, etc. then this is one at an affordable price. Good work!

Ron

Back