GT40 Crystals are Here

Ron Earp

Admin
I now have the GT40 crystals ready for shipping. Each one is 3"x2"x2" and has pretty good detail with the webers, exhaust, inside, etc. Here are some pictures of them and some with my electroluminescent panels lighting them up from below - sorry, that isn't available just a neat effect.

crystal1.jpg

clight1.JPG

clight3.JPG

crystal2.jpg

box2.JPG

The price for these will be $50 USD, and that includes UPS shipping in the lower 48 states. Seemed best to round it up and include a basic shipping of about $6 in the price than do individual quotes all over the US. The cost to get them here from overseas was a little more than I'd liked, but, still much cheaper than any quotes I got from US companies by a long shot.

If you are overseas, and I know a lot of you are, I'll find out what it costs via US Postal. If a group of you could get together and get a lot of them it'd make shipping a lot cheaper, I am sure.

So, if you want to have one the easiest way would be to PayPal me at [email protected], and make sure you mention crystal in the note section and include your GT40s.com member number that is in your profile under My Home. I'll add you in as a forum supporter for one year.

Or, click here GT40s Donations Page and go to the Gold Support level, it includes a crystal.

If you can't use PayPal you can send me a check at:

Ron Earp
132 Loch Pointe Drive
Cary NC 27511

and please make sure you include your return address and the same info asked for above. These are boxed up and ready to go so they can be sent immediately to anyone that wishes to have one.

Thanks much,
Ron

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Hi Ron,

They look brilliant !

If the other guys here in Oz are ok with it, I would be happy to take delivery of all the Oz crystals, then send them on from here. Looking at the previous thread, it seems like we have 8 for Oz so far :

Peter D (2)
Steve K (1)
Darrell P (1)
Ross N (1)
Allan K (2)
Tim D (1)

I am sure that we can rustle up a bunch more orders, so if you could maybe work up 2 prices, we can get the ball rolling :

a) Price each, based on delivery of about a dozen to a single Oz address.

b) Price each, single unit delivery direct to Oz customer.

Let me know if you would like me to try for some more Oz orders.

Thanks & Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Peter that would be fine by me to get a bulk delivery,I will speak to some other GT40 owners and try and increase the order.
Regards Allan Knight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

Ron
Could you add my name to the list of buyers of a Crystal
please. I have spoken to Peter and would be happy for you to forward it to him for ease of delivery. (hoping you have a spare one)
Kevin

Ron Earp

Admin
There are enough, there are 100 in this shipment. Peter, can you shoot me your address and I'll estimate shipping for like 25 or so, or 25lbs. The exact number we can work out later.

I already built roughly $6-$7 USD in the price for UPS shipping in the states. So, the cost is $53 each without the shipping.

I can also do the same for the UK if some folks from the UK would like to have them.

Any US folks wish to have one? I'd not received any email from US members although a lot indicated they'd like to have one.

On a side note, so far the entire process went smoothly except for one thing - I still haven't got my Revell Masters GT40 model back from the shop. Anyone know where I can get one of these in case I cannot get it back (which it is looking like the case)?

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Peter how would we work the postage payment? would we each pay Ron our portion of the bulk delivery
to OZ and then reimburse you for the postage here.I'll be in the bulk delivery whichever way you want to do it.
Ross

Ron Earp

Admin
I just went to www.usps.com and tried postal rates to Australia. Looks like a 25lb package would be about $50 USD to send ground, around 4 weeks for delivery. Next options still took 1-2 weeks and cost 2x to 3x more. I think we can easily get 25 in a 25lb package, so it'd only be a few bucks per unit to get down there.

I've changed the donations on the site so the high level includes a crystal.

Hi Ron,

I expressed an interest in one of these but I wonder how many others in the UK wanted one so that shipping costs could be minimised.

Is there anyone else out there in the UK interested in a crystal, if so please respond so that Ron can organise sending a batch to the UK!!

Paul

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi Paul,

If the UK guys want to get a batch it'll probably need someone in the UK to be the point man on organization. I can ship to one address to help save the shipping costs for folks, but someone will need to organize the money collection over there etc. and getting it over to me. The original thread had quite a few people that wanted one of them in the UK.

Best,
Ron

Ron,

To confirm my previously registered interest, and in response to Paul's call for UK buyers, yes I would like one crystal. Will go with whatever can be organised to minimise shipping costs. Surely we can get 25 UK buyers. We will have to allow for import duty though. Not sure how much that would be. Anyone with more experience of these matters ?

Ron Earp

Admin
Import will be based on the invoice - the invoice will say whatever you wish it to say......I think these really only cost $3.50 each.....

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Hi Ross,

No problem with the postage within Oz - I'll look after that (and manage to make it tax deductable) !!

I think the easiest way is to just pay Ron individually, & when he gets a box-full paid for, he can send them to me.

Ron should have a total "shipped to Sydney" price for us shortly.

If all the guys here in Oz who have ordered could PM me their postal addresses, we should be set to go once the package arrives here.

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi Peter,

I'll collect any I see but thus far there have been none. Remember, if folks wish to have one they are included with the Gold Level Donations. Or, click here GT40s Donations Page and use Gold.

Best,
Ron

Ron Earp

Admin
Hold up! The eight guys who already paid for crystals are getting $9.50, or $10 back. I incorrectly applied the overseas shipping to the 100 piece order thus causing the price to be incorrect on the units. Each one should be approximately $44.75 each, plus some for US shipping, so $50.00 even. That will affect Al, Tim, Robert, William, and Sandy. The crystals have shipped but I'll send the $10 back via PayPal.

This came up last night when a German fellow emailed me and thought they were high. I replied no, that is about right since the overseas freight and duty was high and needs to be applied to each unit the same. But, I did go back and look at it when I had time at lunch and I did it wrong - the units were priced about $9 too much on my mistake. So, it is adjusted now to even at $50 allowing for about $5-$6 US postage. Donation level changed too to compensate for it and I edited the eariler post with $60.

Ron

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Ron -

If you have not yet returned the $$ to me, keep it for the effort you put into the site and use it to help out the site in any way you see fit.

Thanks!

Sandy

Peter D
Tried to email you at your address as listed here and it came back could you please advise (what did I do wrong?)

Ron
When available could you advise me of US$cost landed in OZ so I can Paypal your A/c
Kevin (DRB GT40 #37) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Back