Exoto 1/10 Scale GT40's

exoto models are wonderful.
Unless some years ago I considered theme one of the best quality available on the market.
Never considered to buy one cause i love the big ass mk1 gulf wide body,consider the BIG scale they do has a cost of a real car.

Today anyway the detail level is also higher than exoto.
The nicest ones I've ever seen in my shop are the CMC cars.
Unfortunately they dont make any cobra or gt40 but the level of details on those kit is forward any other i've seen (not considering the masterpieces done under private request...that are something definitely incredible..).

CMC GmbH Classic Model Cars - hochwertige Automodelle für den anspruchsvollen Sammler - high quality car models for the discerning collector

I have now in my showcase their Maserati Birdcage...and I cannot look at anything else:)

Paolo

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
MartinGough said:
Lovely models but why don`t they make a MKI.
Well, Exotto doesn't, but GMP makes a nice 1/12 scale GT40 MK1. I couldn't decide so...

Attachments

• Both MkI and MkII 2.jpg
    Both MkI and MkII 2.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 785
  • GMPMK1.jpg
    GMPMK1.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 766
  • GMP MK1rearb.jpg
    GMP MK1rearb.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 899
Nice models but why the white lining round the MKII's ID patches on the front wings? Also the air hole in the side windows. And the massively out of proportioned door lips on thje MKI??
Regards Allan

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
allanfeldman said:
Nice models but why the white lining round the MKII's ID patches on the front wings? Also the air hole in the side windows. And the massively out of proportioned door lips on thje MKI??
Regards Allan

Good observations Allan. I shall have them crushed immediately. :D

Attachments

• FordGT40front.jpg
    FordGT40front.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 512
While it is not relevant to the GT40 models being discussed here, I would caution you on ordering any Exoto products announced as "coming soon". The lead time on developing some of their products can be agonizing.

As an example, I subscribed to their Can Am Heat collection when they began pre-announcing it in the mid-1990's. The first car in the series shipped 7 years later. I received the second car in the series last year.

The quality is good but their approach to the business is frustrating.

Back