Ford P68 alan mann Ring 1968 in 24th scale kit

For extreme modellers only:

In the end of 1967, the CSI unilaterally bans the prototypes with engine over 3 liters. It’s the end of the Ford MK IV and Ferrari P4.
To have a quick solution, Ford chooses to built a car around the new V8 Ford Coswoth engine usualy used by the F1. The manufacturing of the new car is given at Alan Mann’s team. Alan Mann chooses the engineer Len Bailey (ex Wyer), the father of the Mirage.
The P68 has a classical technical specification but a stunning aerodinacal drawning. It’s result a low and streamlined body with very pure and fluid lines. The car seems very long despite a small size (421cm long, short whellbase 221 cm).
Unfortunately, the racing results was not at the level of the beauty of the car, the team suffers an incredible series of misfortune.
Despite that, the P68 Ford will stay the most beautiful 3 liters prototypes.

Finally a wonderful model kit in 24th scale of this evolution of the gt40, done by guys of Profil24.
check their website for infos;)

Attachments

• p24046_1_z.jpg
    p24046_1_z.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 492
For extreme modellers only:

In the end of 1967, the CSI unilaterally bans the prototypes with engine over 3 liters. It’s the end of the Ford MK IV and Ferrari P4.
To have a quick solution, Ford chooses to built a car around the new V8 Ford Coswoth engine usualy used by the F1. The manufacturing of the new car is given at Alan Mann’s team. Alan Mann chooses the engineer Len Bailey (ex Wyer), the father of the Mirage.
The P68 has a classical technical specification but a stunning aerodinacal drawning. It’s result a low and streamlined body with very pure and fluid lines. The car seems very long despite a small size (421cm long, short whellbase 221 cm).
Unfortunately, the racing results was not at the level of the beauty of the car, the team suffers an incredible series of misfortune.
Despite that, the P68 Ford will stay the most beautiful 3 liters prototypes.

Finally a wonderful model kit in 24th scale of this evolution of the gt40, done by guys of Profil24.
check their website for infos;)

Yes, that is very nice. Perhaps a future project for me once I finish my '40, as I lucked out and got the line / station templates for the car...

Back