Found floormat in attic, need some advice.

Hi All,
I bought an older house and while I was up in the attic yesterday fishing wires through the walls for the computer I found an old car floormat. I turned it over, cleaned off the insulation and saw that it had the Ford insignia on each side and also an image of a GT40 on each side (drivers and passenger). It looks like it has been up there a long time. I would post a pic but I am doomed to dial up for the next couple of days and just don't want to bother right now. Anyway, anybody know anything about GT40 floormats? Is it something I should keep? Thanks for any help you can give me.
Todd

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
No, do not keep it.

It is bad JuJu. Pack it up at once and send it to me so that I may remove all the bad vibes from your attic.

Sounds like a "Autolite" advertising mat from a Ford dealership circa 1969-72.
Rick

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
No No Todd
Whatever you do dont send them to Rick he doesn"t know how to clean them properly.
As I am the only one qualified please send them to me immediately and I will make sure they are treated the right way.
Half your luck
Dimi

Thanks for the reply guys. I'll post a pic of it in a couple of days and figure out what to do with it. Thanks.
Todd

For what ever its worth,

I placed a bid on a foreclosure sale at a storage place. I got the bid, and it all turned out to be old cases of car parts. I remember one case of fuel pumps with Stewart Warner on the outside of the boxes and I think "240" something or other. I opened up one box, and it looked like it was was too big for my Yugo, so I ended up selling them at a garage sale for $10.00 each. After I got rid of all the other stuff, I think I doubled my bid of $80.00.

Hi All, here are a few quick pics I snapped last night.

Attachments

• IMG_0180.jpg
    IMG_0180.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 490
  • IMG_0159.jpg
    IMG_0159.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 489
  • IMG_0160.jpg
    IMG_0160.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 472
  • IMG_0166.jpg
    IMG_0166.jpg