New Gt40 model kit 1/12 scale

On page 34 of the new Trumpter catalogue there is an interesting new:
The gt40 mk2 car. no2 le mans winner in 1/12.:pepper:

In this scale will be very interesting also for many of us building the real one,cause will feature also all the chassis full detailed (so finally I can see how is made the secret monocoque...;))

View topic - YES - New 1:12!!! Ford GT40 from Trumpeter :: The Formula 1 Modeling Website :: Your source for F1 model news...

But also a sad news for all u modellers there (and I am SURE there are many many..;)), is about Accurate Miniatures.

New cobra and daytona coupè have finally been cancelled from new upcoming items.
The company has no money..

Last edited:

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
How about this kit Paolo!!!!!!!!!!

Not cheap but looks the business.....1/12 scale MK II

GT-40 MK II Kit

Attachments

• slide655.jpg
    slide655.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 8,086
eheh Andy, was thinking of u about our phone talk about 1/12 kits :) (ref. MG model P4..I've finally bought it,the price is an insult...but I cant resist to the shape of Drogo's car,i felt as a little Jim j6 ;)..
And also considering the rarity of the real car, I dont think nobody will never try to pay Ferrai fees to produce it as Trumpeter did with this upcoming 40.)

Nearly surely this kit u linked was used as master for their production.
Trumpeter is wellknown to stole other model kits and use as production masters(they did it with MY savoia s.79 and Ariete MBT...industrial master payed ...70 dollars?)
I am sure of this cause I wellknow 2 mistakes we made on s.79 naca,that are EXACTLY as in trumpeter box.

For my personal experience I usually dont like metal/die cast kits, cause the thickness of the body is always too irrealistic,looking right now at Kyosho claimed masterpiece ferrari GTC.
The only company working metal as I like is german CMC.
Plastic remains the top (at least for the body parts).

With Trumpeter prices the gt40 will be also very comptetive,just a pity is that this is another mk2,while I prefer mk.1 (but there is also the hope this is the first of a complete serie of gt40s..).

Btw, is also a wonderful 2008 for all RAF/RN enthusiast, cause several interesting planes are arriving on the market (new 1/48 Gannet from Revell, new Lightining 2 in 1/32 and 1/72 from Trumpeter,-all versions-, new 1/32 Harriers,including Gr.7,new trumpeter sea fury in 48th..new 1/72 Wellington in costal command livery.. ;).
Think this is a correct tribute for the land inventing scale model kit hobby.
Nearly dead Airfix still goes on with Raf stunning subjects, this year is for TSR in 48th scale and for Camberras, BEFORE EE versions and then Martin ones.:D

Just about Trumpeter I still wonder about the disappear of the 1/350 Arizona...simply a masterpiece and a too important historical ship...

Back