Unmentioned GT-40 Movie

Bonjour mes amis!

I was doing a web search for James Garner movies and came upon this site. I have been a fan of the GT-40 since high school, class of 1967. My best friend, Ray Fisher and I were really fanatics! I still have some memorabilia from the 1960's; an article that was in Playboy Magazine and some other literature.

I did a search here and found no reference to the French movie, "A Man And A Woman", from 1966. It has a spectacular, albeit short, GT-40 spot in a warm up solo. The sound is incredible!

The sequence of events starts about 25 minutes into the movie, when our hero fires up the GT-40. For the next two minutes, there is no dialog; just sounds of the motor getting buzzed at 11,000 RPM's around the track. There is a Mustang chase car that follows the GT-40 from the apron.

There also is a very brief warm up with, what I believe is a Lola.

It is the only bit of video GT-40 that I own; it is my favorite, so far.

Hope that you have the opportunity to view it for yourself.

Au Revior!

Alain

I remember that scene, as I was fascinated by 40's at the time too. I also loved the movie, and saw it twice if my memory serves me correctly.

Dalton

Hello Cliff,

Yes! that is the clip I was speaking of. Thanks for mentioning the YouTube link; now I don't have to drag out the worn-out VHS tape anymore for a fix!

Alain

Cliff,

Thanks for the clip - that was one of my favoite movies. I had forgotten that there was a GT40 in the movie!

John
:shifty:

Back