GT40 Haynes Manual

Paul, couldn't agree more mate. But does Haynes follow the orginal build for use in the manual and if thats the case they only need to print a few copies since so few were built. The manual would need to be appropriate for the "aftermarket" market but then whose build do they follow? GTD, CAV, RCR, SPF, Tornado, Roaring 40, Bailey Edwards,..... Like the idea though.

They produce manuals for the following so why not the GT40

Yes, you can get Haynes Manuals for....

- Concorde
- Avro Lancaster
- Supermarine Spitfire (1936 onwards)
- Messerschmit bf109
- Mustang P-51
- Hawker Hurricane
- De Havilland Tiger Moth
- Avro Vulcan bomber
- Babies
- Lawn mowers
- Wallace and Gromit
- USS Enterprise
- Washing Machines

Brilliant idea but I wouldn't be surprised if Franco Sbarro has already been commissioned due to his detailed knowledge of their intricacies !

Paul, couldn't agree more mate. But does Haynes follow the orginal build for use in the manual and if thats the case they only need to print a few copies since so few were built. The manual would need to be appropriate for the "aftermarket" market but then whose build do they follow? GTD, CAV, RCR, SPF, Tornado, Roaring 40, Bailey Edwards,..... Like the idea though.

You could take 20 of the same brand and they would all be different.
Builder need to get into the habit of making wiring diagrams.
A spare parts list of components used ,part # and source is your biggest help, 3 years down the track the memory gets cloudy.
Get yourself an engine and transmission manual and you have it.
The rest is basic mechanics.

Jim

They produce manuals for the following so why not the GT40

Yes, you can get Haynes Manuals for....

- Concorde
- Avro Lancaster

I don't know if the manual actually exists, but I have a T-shirt with the cover art for a Haynes Manual for Daleks.

(It's officially licensed by both the BBC and Haynes)

I don't know if the manual actually exists, but I have a T-shirt with the cover art for a Haynes Manual for Daleks.

(It's officially licensed by both the BBC and Haynes)

Ben,

I've got one of those too :)

I look a right geek when I wear it though :shifty:

Graham.

Back