Fujimi GT40 MK. 1 build

I am starting on this build and I want to share it here. I am a scale automotive model builder and stumbled upon this site, I like it!

I am adding a resin engine to the kit since the one in it kinda sucks. The engine is resin and sold by Historic Racing Mimiatures in Maryland, Harold Bradford is the name of the owner and belongs to our scale auto club.

This is a picture of the box art of the kit by Fujimi...

Hosted on Fotki

The only thing I didn't like were the rims in the kit so I am taking care of that by replacing them for others. I was given 2 sets of wheels by a friend a few years back but it's just the face of the rim, I need the actual rim as these are just center inserts. I had the 4 rims in my stash but the inserts were too big so, the next step is to get creative. I will just share the pictures, they say much more than words...

These are the rims in the kit, me don't like......:stunned:

Hosted on Fotki

These are the inserts, one is ready to go....:thumbsup:

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

After re-sizing, this is what you get!!!:thumbsup:

Hosted on Fotki

This is a mockup of the kit and the rims together!!

Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

I will continue to add more info as I go, there's still a lot to accomplish to get this baby in shape. For the moment, I will share some pictures of a 1970 Mustang MACH1 I just completed just to show my credentials as a builder....:laugh:

Back