Does a Shelby signature add much value to a scale model?

I can buy a Shelby Daytona Cobra Coupe from the Shelby Collactables, scale 1:18. On the roof this model it is signed by Carroll Shelby, reason why the seller wants more money.
Anyone any idea how much this signature would add to the value of the model?

John

John, it certainly adds some value. How much I don't know, but it's not a lot IMHO....Old Shel signed anything that moved if it paid more than $2 bucks........

I think the original scale model sold for something like 49.95 and with the signature he now wants 120.00 for it.
So maybe I should better save my money and buy an Exoto model of the Daytona Cobra Coupe instead.

John

I found a used Exoto Daytona Coupe (#5 1964) 1/18 scale at a local diecast model shop for $105.00. It's wasn't very hard to get the $helby signature off the roof. Peter Brock, Bob Bonderaunt, and Allen Grant now reside there on the roof and atop the front fenders from 2012 Monterey. I'am on the side of the fence that disapproves of what money that old turd charge for his signature and what he said he was supposedly doing with it. The sad thing was when he passed, 350 elderly ladies lost there jobs in the sweat shop signing all that stuff that was sent for signatures................

Sorry, my mistake it's an Exoto 1:18 model and not Shelby Collectables. To be honoust my first reaction was actually that it ruined the model, but then I thought it might be nice to have his signature as I will never be able to collect one now that he passed away.
I do have some good books signed by drivers from the day, but never thought of a model with a signature. A signature is normally set on paper...

Will not buy it., have bought a model without the signature. Thanks for all the reactions.

John

Back