Ronnie Spain's Forthcoming Book

Hi all,

I called on my old mate Ronnie Spain a couple of weeks ago, having not seen him in quite some time. I couldn't help wondering why his new book was taking so long until he showed me all the new photos and information that he'd uncovered since my last visit. No wonder it's taking him so long as so much has come to light over the last few years.

He was kind enough to let me have a read of a rough draft of the book and all I can say is, you guys are in for a treat. It's highly likely that the new book will be a 2 volume set, not available individually, and that's simply due to the massive amount of information that it will contain. There will be more photographs and of much better quality than in the first book (something which still irritates Ronnie). Where possible, each GT40's section will start and finish with colour photos.

I know that Ronnie is keen to contact the owners of cars that he's not been able to photograph, GT40P/1038 being one that springs to mind. If he sends me a list I'll post it here.

Regards,

Graham.

Back