wheel base measurments

Some of you may have read or heard about the large tree that fell on my MK3 KVA last summer, well now I am about to rebuild the rear chassie.
can anyone supply the measurements of the wheel base and front and rear track widths?
this will hels a lot thanks
Neil (squashed KVA) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Neil
As far as I know these measurments are accurate and are what I,m working to, will know for sure when I try and fit the body /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Wheelbase 95in. 2413mm
Track Front 55in. 1397mm
Rear 55in. 1397mm
Overall Dimensions
Length 168in. 4265mm
Width 70in 1778mm
Height 40.5in 1028.7mm
Miscellaneous Heights
Base of Windscreen 28.25in 717mm
Top of Windscreen 39.2in 970.3mm
Top of Steering Wheel 31.35in 796.3mm
Minimum Ground Clearance 4in 101.6mm
Weight (Oil and water, no fuel)
Front 920 lbs 414kg.
Rear 1080 lbs 486kg.
Total 2000 lbs 900kg

Dave

Assuming Ken Atwell was working to original MK111 figures:
Wheelbase: 2421mm
Front track: 1402mm
Rear track: 1402mm
Front tyres: 5.50 x 15 on a 6 1/2 inch rim
Rear tyres: 7.00 x 15 on an 8 1/2 inch rim
Overall vehicle width: 1778mm
Track is taken on a center of tyre tread to center of tyre tread measurement across the vehicle, so from the original figures you can work out where it all sits. Draw it out on a piece of paper as original and then substitue your tyre size and you`ll get the figures your looking for, the front track for your car.
Where using the original numbers fails, if you are looking to work from the outside tyre edge back in toward the chassis to put the chassis back in the right place, is if your body width is not the same as the original to start with, and with Ken Atwell anything is possible /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Dear Dave and Stuart
thanks for the measurements.
I should be able to work this out now.
when the whole thing is finished look out for an article in fortification mag it might be quite amusing.
thanks again
Neil

Hi guys.

I need a little help. Are the wheelbase and track dimensions for a Mark I the same as a Mark III. If not does anyone have that information for a Mark I or a GTD. My manual doesn't have any information on the track or wheelbase.
Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Steve

The original MK 1 and MK III were identical
chassis/suspension...basically just a just body swap
and more creature comforts.

There was a thread about a UK member (Simon ?)
swapping his MK 111 panels for MK 1....seemed
to go easily.

Of course each replica maker did their own chassis/suspension...so no doubt there are some differences
in wheelbase and track from car to car.

MikeD

Thanks Mike
I'll get measurements this weekend and see how close I come to the above #'s

Back