Dual master cyl F & R ?

I'm about to connect up my brake lines to my balance bar'd pedal box.
I have two cylinders a .625 and a .75 Which is the front?
Thanks

Simon

Re: Dual master cyl F & R ?

Don't know anything about your setup however I can say that with the balance bar in the middle the smaller bore will make more pressure. If all of the other aspects in the system are equal (disk dia, calipers, caliper pistons, etc.) I would guess the smaller should be the front cyl.

Chris Kouba

Supporter
The key is exactly what Gary said, it depends on caliper piston bore sizes, disk radii. There is a logical guess answer, but you may end up reversing them later.

I used to have an Excel spread sheet that took in a number of variables and output the master bores. I'll see if I can dig it up. Fair warning though, it's not in metric!

Chris

Re: Dual master cyl F & R ?

If you have the same braking arrangement front and rear (and the rear tyres are not too much wider) you need more braking pressure at the front and a smaller master cylinder to produce the higher pressure. However I think you have smaller brakes and a Granada caliper at the rear so its a bit more complex.

I plugged the figures for my system into the spreadsheet which was posted a while back and it gave better balance with the smaller cylinder on the rear system.

Basically Simon you need to take care, there are quite a few parameters affecting this decision.

I attach the spreadsheet I refer to above. I have looked into it at some length but am NOT making a recommendation as I am no expert.

Attachments

• 55740-Bremsport.Granada.zip
    70.3 KB · Views: 278
Back