Got my Tires Tonight

The Fed Ex guy just delivered them. AVON historic tread

tires001.jpg

tires002.jpg

tires003.jpg

Also got my roller rockers today...guess I'll start assembling the motor. No word on when Fran will have 180º headers available for the ZF, so I've been talking to Gordon Levy.

Ron McCall

Supporter
I wasn't aware that he offered that kind of thing.
btw: I got to spend three intimate hours with a real GT40 today!!!! I think I wore out my camera!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

A real GT40! You rode in it? I'm jealous.

Fran has jigs for the exhaust and G50 transaxle, but said he doesn't know when he will have jigs for the ZF option. Not sure why the headers would be different. Gordon quoted me $3k for the whole shebang, but requires my car for 3 weeks

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Those are some serious dougnuts! Build the headers yourself, it's not too diffucult. Patience is the key!

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Bill,

Not sure what motor your building but my fabricater will be starting headers soon for my 351\427. If your interested, he could do two sets if I ask. In addition, if you have a 302 then maybe my old set will work for you. Just a thought.
Attached below is the 302 set that my fabricator made a couple yeads ago.

Attachments

• 73224-Headers.jpg
    73224-Headers.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 327

Chris Kouba

Supporter
You should see the wheels... Looks like he stole a wire spool from the power company!!

I think he's using these (but please correct me if I'm wrong Bill. Pic stolen from Russ Noble's build thread):

63250-PSEwheels.jpg

Ron McCall

Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
A real GT40! You rode in it? I'm jealous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I didn't get to ride in it . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
It would have been a blast though (it has well over 700hp!)
It is an aluminum 427"SBF with Yates heads!
I did,however, get full access to take as mant pictures as I wanted! I got 255 of them!!!
Later,
Ron

180° headers

Hi Bill,

Congrats on your car. If you need some exhausts set up for your car try Mesa Muffler in Costa Mesa. They built a custom set of exhaust headers for a Cobra we built and they are more than capable of setting up a system for you. I would assume for a heck of a lot less than $3k too. Plus, they could probably do it in a week or less and of course they are local. If interested, let me know and I'll get you their phone number. They are located on Beach Boulevard and have been around for a good, long time. Good guys too.

We'e currently working on a GTD in Arcadia, CA - maybe we can help each other out from time to time.

Good luck!

Juan

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Re: 180° headers

Headers available next week chaps for the ZF cars.....so hows that for quick work....?
Call ..mild steel and Stainless with mufflers or megaphones.....a lot less $$ than you may think.....
Bill you are killing me..... the difference is that the ZF sits taller in the chassis at the crossmember area than the 016 or Porsche transaxle does and as the ZF trans has a smaller circumference as it nears the rear of the car the muffler angle is different also....

Back