What do you think of my horn placement?

horns.jpg

Bill D

Looks nice and neat but wouldn't the nostrils block the sound? How about inside the front clip intake at the radiator corners?

Hi Ray-
I thought about that location, but they will interfere with the AC condenser (I think). I'll look again.

Thanks
BIll D

those horns are so loud that the fiberglass is not much of a deterant - - - and it looks nice an clean there

Attachments

• 79025-4_15_05camerapics020.jpg
    79025-4_15_05camerapics020.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 232
Bill, made a "double s bend" like you would see a "cleat" on a boat. stud on horn thru top "finger" and same for bottom horn - - then two bolts thru center of "cleat" to hold to bulkhead. Needed to mount to rubber on the bulkhead as the horns vibrated the crap outa that panel otherwise!

I used the same mount that's on the horn - - just bolted that to the "cleat" - - - Clear as mud yet? I'll see if I can get a picture of it --

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
I was amazed to learn that air horns were legal here in NSW/Oz (just not the musical ones). So I stuck three of them in & they scare the living cr*p out of people !

They were easy to mount on the f/lass lip in a DRB, but may be more of a challenge in other cars ?

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Attachments

• 79046-DCP_0916(Large).JPG
    79046-DCP_0916(Large).JPG
    93 KB · Views: 218

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Bill D - my apologies for wandering a bit off-track - that is a nice setup that you have done there, & decent electric horns are seriously loud, so I doubt you will have any trouble being heard !

Howard, the little blue gadget below the washer bottle is the compressor. The horn cct fires off a relay which feeds power to the compressor via 4mm cable, etc. The whole lot cost about A$55 a couple of years ago.

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

I revised the horn placement.

How's this? They are mounted to a 1x1 piece of steel. I can't make up my mind if I want them vertical like Dave's or horizontal.

horns002.jpg

horns001.jpg

Bill D

Ron Earp

Admin
Re: I revised the horn placement.

I'd say put them the heck out of the way. You'll have more important things to mess with in there than horns. If you have side panels on the front area I'd put them on the outside of that, soirt of like where Peter has them, so you can open the nostril panel to check fluids etc. and not deal with running into them.

R

Thanks Ron.

Panterra1889 (Ron McCall) suggested putting them in the pocket behind the lights. A perfect location on the RCR car.

Bill D

Neal

Lifetime Supporter

German horns on an anglo-american legend. Sacrilege! Go for the Dukes of Hazard airhorns. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Keep up the good work...

Here is one of the horns placed where Pantera1889 suggested

horns003.jpg

I like it!

Bill D

Back