HELP!!! I need dimensions.

While I await my Superformance MKI I'm building a new garage. I very carefully located the building and set the slab elevation with a laser level to give proper drainage to my existing driveway. Unfortunately, the concrete guys poured the apron at the wrong slope and I'm afraid the GT40 will either scrape its chin or bottom out as it enters the garage. I'm assuming a 95" wheelbase and just under 4" ground clearance, with a chin "scrape point" 26 inches forward of the front wheel centerline and 4" off the ground. If anyone can verify any of those dimensions I'd be grateful. I know these cars are all different, and I'm trying to get actual Superformance dimensions as I write this, but any info would help. Tearing out the apron would, of course, be the answer, but I don't look forward to the delay or the required finger-pointing exercise.

I can't help with the dimensions (sorry) but I can feel your pain. Our concrete driveway entrance was poured so tall and steep that our minivan would scrape. At that time, we didn't have a vehicle that had a problem. When I finally got around to asking the builder, he said it would some 4k to redo it (had to bust it up and start over). I ended up ramping it with about 12 bags of the no-mix asphalt repair stuff. What a PITA, but it actually looks fine and nothing scrapes, not even the sidepipes on the Cobra. We are building a new place now, and you can bet I will be standing there when the new one goes in.

BTW, nice mix of cars!

Back