hydraulic ride height

I am working on a hydraulic system that will enable me to raise the ride height on the fly. This will work on anything with coil-overs.
Right now I have only the front installed and with a small hyd. 12v. pump ( about the size of a wiper motor) and a momentary switch to control up & down. Ride height is increased by 1" and takes about 4 sec up & 2 sec down.
I will offer this complete with pump, SS lines and prewired switch.

Attachments

• GT hyd.jpg
    GT hyd.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 819

Steve Briscoe

Lifetime Supporter
This type of system makes street driving the F40 tolerable. Do you anticipate this system will have no effect on suspension performance when it is deactivated? Can you post some more pictures?

Thanks,
Steve

Steve, It should have no effect on ride quality. The spacer just locates between the bottom adjuster and the spring. It is 2-1/8" tall and extends to 3". On my car it gives me 1-1/4" of lift but I want to be on the conservative side.
It all depends where the bottom of the shock locates on the lower control arm as to what gains one can achieve.
For those that don't have room it will require going to a shorter spring.
I also have a spacer that will extend 2-1/2" but would require a very short spring and will not work on my shocks as they would be fully extended before the hyd. spacer reached it's limit.

best,

Simon

I'm still here.I don't log on as often but still check in occasionally.

We moved at the end of last year and have been busy with other things. My wife has horses which we now have on the property so I have become the ranch hand, I've gotten pretty good with fences, gates and can scoop poop with the best of em.

Haven't had the 40 out much lately as my son and I started racing again so weekends are pretty much taken up with that. I even thought of selling the 40 but I just don't know if I can right now.

As for the hyd. system --- the Hyd. spacers were $200 ea. and the pump was $832.00 but will call Mon. morning to be sure on price is still the same. I just have them installed on the front and is all I need. I have a rocker switch under the dash out of sight and can raise the front about an 1". It's the only way I can get out of my driveway.

Simon

Simon, this is a very useful addition for a road-going 40. Are the spacer (piston) pieces proprietary items, or did you make them specially?

Back