castor

Hi #51
The front upper wishbone is attached onto the chassis through four slots. By slightly loosening the atttachment brackets (from the inside) and sliding / tapping these back, you would increase castor angle.
Shout if you need more help.
Regards
Jean

[email protected]

Thanks Jean, I have now increased the front castor. I am now looking at the rear suspension geometry. There is very little clearance between the top of the rear sill and the tyre.According to a CAV suspension geometry diagram distances between the rear of the sill to the top of the upright and to the bottom wishbone block should be 350mm and 300mm respectively. I have checked these. Are these distances correct?.

I can increase the sill to tyre clearance by turning the lower trailing arm. Will this reduce the rear castor and what impact will there be on other rear suspension geometries.

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Syed,

About your rear end geometry, this dovetails into the braking issue you asked about too. Please check my posting here about CAV Canadas' Revised Lower Control Arms and Steel Rear Uprights. It sounds like you're serious about extracting the maximum from the chassis. We have the technology... please feel free to call or email.

Cheers

Back