Spare Parts

Jim Dewar

Supporter
I have 2 circlips left from my build. Is anyone familiar with where they belong. They look like retaining clips for a u-joint, but I haven't a clue where I omitted them.
Thanks,

Attachments

• P1010101.JPG
    P1010101.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 600
Do one end of your U-joints fit a captive yoke with U-bolts or retainer straps in which case these would not be reqd. Corvette C4 outer U-Joints are like that. If thats the case you should have 4 clips over.

Jac Mac

Jim Dewar

Supporter
Thanks for your reply Jac Mac. The RF has CV joints not u-joints so I'm still lost. I do wonder If the new owners of RF come on line and if so - HELP PLEASE!!

Not to drift off here, but, if thats all you have leftover from a build you should be very proud.

BTW I have seen some of those type in piston pins, lets hope those aren't from there!! Yikes.

Larry

Jim Dewar

Supporter
Sorry Simon, I don't know the term "propshaft" on cars only on ships. I have fitted everything except these clips and driven 2,500 miles.

Hi Jim, That is some extra hardware RL gave you to make up for all the wrong hardware RL gave you and made you source it all on your own. LOL Take care bud, Dan

Hi Jim,

The only place on an RF that has retaining circlip like those is in the master cylinders to retain the piston\link rods to the pedal box at rest. As your car is completed an running possibly like Dan suggested bonus parts?

Andrew

Jim,
Trying to make a joke, sorry. Propshaft on a car probably very similar to a ship. on a front engined/rear wheel drive car it takes the drive from the rear of the gearbox to the axle, not sure whay it's called in the US.

Simon

Jim Dewar

Supporter
Thanks Guys, I thought this question might wake "THE NEW ROARING FORTIES" but I guess the will continue to sleep.

Hi Jim,

no I'm awake, just missed this thread for some reason, I'm sorry.

What else did I miss ? This implies we've been asleep for some time.

I don't recognise that part at all from our kits, I think the ideas of extras and spares may be correct.

Regards Paul

Back