Wilwood brake pads for RCR

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
What pads (part numbers) have you other RCR guys selected for street and track?

I'll need the part numbers for both front (6 pot) and rear (4 pot)..

Thanks!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Fran.. I had done a search on Wilwood Brake Pads and it came back with an ocean of information - I apparently missed these in the hour or so I looked through the links from the search..

I wish that the search function would lead you right to the page where your search criteria was met. In some cases it brought me links to 20 page long build sites where I had to scroll through all the posts and still didn't find what I was looking for.. ((sigh))

--edit--

Thanks Rob.. I must have missed it in the assembly manual as well.. I better go back to the shop and start welding and machining something. I obviously suck at computers right now...

Ron Earp

Admin
I wish that the search function would lead you right to the page where your search criteria was met. In some cases it brought me links to 20 page long build sites where I had to scroll through all the posts and still didn't find what I was looking for.. ((sigh))

I hear you, it is something I'm going to have looked at for me. I can't solve the problem so maybe an expert can.

I think I went for a Poly A but I'd have to check my notes. Clearly I've not driven the car yet so I don't know how they feel. Well, yes I do, they are rather cold, somewhat heavy, and they lighten your wallet a good bit, yep, that's how they feel.

Ron

Randy, use Wilwood's BP 10 pads for the street, Axle set part # 150-8854K on your RCR. For street and track days use their BP-20's Axle set part # 150-9416K front & rear. For a good track only pad use their PolyMarix pad Axle set
part # 15J-6443K. Never use these pads on the street as they need heat in them before they will work. You can switch back and forth between the street BP and race PolyMatrix pads, though I would suggest light DA sanding the rotors to remove any pad residue when you do.
Allen Nicholas

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Allen - I've ordered the BP-10's for my car...

Welcome to GT40s.com! :)

BigB98

CURRENTLY BANNED
I hear you, it is something I'm going to have looked at for me. I can't solve the problem so maybe an expert can.

Ron

Ron/Randy, and everyone. With regards to finding what you are looking for better, go to advanced search, and down near the bottom left side of the form, you'll see a couple radio buttons: Select "posts" and see your results.

Show Results as
Threads Posts

Last edited:
Randy, use Wilwood's BP 10 pads for the street, Axle set part # 150-8854K on your RCR. For street and track days use their BP-20's Axle set part # 150-9416K front & rear. For a good track only pad use their PolyMarix pad Axle set

When shopping for replacement pads for the Wilwood brakes on my Pantera (which is a dual-purpose fast road/track day car), I phoned Wilwood and spoke with their tech reps, who also made the same recommendation. The BP10 is very linear and constant regardless of pad temperature. The BP20 has an ever-increasing coefficient of friction as pad temperature rises, and the max operating temperature is higher as well.

I elected to go with the BP20 for this reason, and have been extremely happy with them. They do generate rather more dust than I wanted (I was replacing ancient Wilwood 'green' pads which were enormously dusty) but they do work quite well.

Wilwood pads are actually manufactured by Raybestos, by the way.

On my 427 Cobra (with Wilwoods in the front) I went with Hawk HP+ pads, which are similarly excellent.

Back