GTD dampers feed back?

Hi there,

I'm looking for new dampers. I'curently ride on spax yellow series(not trax) which aren't efficient over 120mph.
I'would like to achieve max speed (perhaps around 170mph).
Is there anyone here with feedback on trax spax, or any other brand?

thanks,
Rémy

GTD 40 302ci+G50.

Mike Pass

Supporter
I have heard good things about Protech and the price is good. They do single and two way adjustable. There is always Koni which are more expensive but a top quality product. I am probably going to go with Protech on my GTD.
Cheers
Mike

Malcolm

Supporter
I ditched my Trak Spax after 2 years or so for the Konis. I found I was too often having to have the Trak Spax rebuilt to keep them in good order. The konies are dear but have lasted 10 years with just one rebuild to be on the safe side. Very pleased with them.

Koni seems the bst but rather expensice.
Frank Catt advised me to try ProTech.Just call them in the UK.They are very nice people and the stuff is excellent.
I apid 170 UKP for 2 front ones.

RGds
Fred

Hi Remy,

The ProTech dampers are good quality at a reasonable price but if it's proven performance your'e after then go for the AVO's.

Hope the '40 is performing well? Don't forget the Pirelli tyres you have on the car are only rated for 150mph, unless you've changed them?

Best regards, Paul.

Hi paul,

I haven't swap the tyres , there a lot of thread on it yet.I will check the speed rating!
I would like to have a go with avo, but I'm looking for spring rates before ordering.
Could you help?
Hope to see you at LM classic...

Best regards,
Rémy

Back