RCR40 Ride Height

Just looking for some info on the ride height for the RCR40. I know Dean Lampe has posted some heights but I do not know where they were taken. I was wondering if someone with an RCR on the ground and fully loaded could tell me the front and rear clearances from the bottom chassis plate to the ground in the 2 places shown below?

FRONT

Just behind where the front panel bolts to the bottom of the chassis as shown with the arrow below.
post_10.jpg

REAR

Just at the corner of the chassis.

post_12.jpg

post_11.jpg

If you could give me the LHS and RHS that will allow me to take an average if they are different.

Thanks in advance.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Axle centerlines...4 1/2 inches front and 5 1/5 inches rear for street car.
Dean is running his lower as he does mostly track work..

Thanks Fran, I gather that is the measurement from the bottom of the chassis plate up to the axle centerline?
Is that with 17" rims and the RCR Sumitomo tires?

Also does the following look right to anyone?

Wheelbase = 2,415mm (95")

Rear track (+2 suspension, from pin drive adapter faces) = 1,390mm (54.7")

Front Track (from pin drive adapter faces) = 1,468mm (57.8")

Set you front lower control arms to 3.5 dergrees going up from the chassis and see how high you are off the ground. Set the rear .75 higher. That should get you close. I guess you will land somewhere around 4 in front. Basically I wanted my lower control arms in the front to be almost level with a slight upward slope.

I measured from the front of the chassis by the lower control arm to get my numbers. I run about 3.5 inches in front and 4.25 in the rear right now.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I generally set the ride height by the tire size and keep the lower control arms level as the suspension was designed. If you can get the bumpsteer to be within acceptable tolerances with the lower control arms at an angle (as Dean has) then that should be acceptable too.

Back