brake Q?

i have a Q regarding gt40 brake.
when i ordered my tornado kit i did not order any brake parts.
my Q is can i use any Brake master cylinder and level sensor with the brake calipers and pads that tornado sells .
should i go for bias adj or regular brake .

thanks

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Abdul

If you are still in the "planning" stage I would suggest 2 master cylinders and a balance bar - it will be much easier to set this and acheve a good balance for your car.

Yes you could use a tandem type system out of a "normal" car but you could then end up with less effective brakes that are biased too much front or rear. (If too much rear bias under hard braking you could spin the car if the rear lock up first)

A number of racing shops sell pedal sets and then you would have to fit it to the Tornado chassis - the Tornado one shoul fit out the box so again it is up to you to decide how much fabrication you want to do.

Remember also that a set up that is good on one car may not work on yours due to different suspension,wheel and tyre selection.

Ian

Ian
thank you for the info. i don't like to do a lot of fabrication, or spinning the car :)
so i guess ill add the brake parts to my tornado shopping list.

Abdul

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Abdul

another thing

When you come to register your car in Kuwait will you have to have the car tested? If so is there a set of rules?
If there is check that a dual set of master cylinders is acceptable.

I just noted for instance in the UK in March the SVA changes to IVA and whereas under SVA you could have adjustable units and it was acceptable just to have the units pinned in position under the IVA they must be welded and non adjustable after the test.

IAn

Ian
i don't think that i can register a kit car in Kuwait.
i'll try but i know that its a dead end.
all they do care about is the VIN on the chassis it should be clear and engraved.
i dont know if Tornado do that , i should ask Andy.

Back